pray for my husband and me

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by mihm_rules_mom, Jun 17, 2005.

1. mihm_rules_mom

mihm_rules_mom 25+ Posts

I would appreciate keeping us in your prayers. It's been 1 year and 16 days since our Gary died, and the numbness of losing our only child is wearing off. I am constantly asking God why this happened to us--we are good people, and Gary was a good boy. Please, special prayers for my husband on Father's Day. Thank you. Hornfans has been very special to us.

2. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I never post here, but this one brought me out of lurk mode. You've got it, Mrs. mihm_rules. I can't imagine your pain, and I (selfishly) hope I never experience anything simlar. I have 4 of my own, and I worry every day.

Gary seemed like a great kid. I honestly hope you look at us as family of some sort or another.

Happy Father's Day, Mr. mihm_rules.

3. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Continued prayers for you both.
    A parent should never have to burry a child. I have 2 children but I could not even begin to know your pain.

Not long ago someone started a thread in rememberence of Gary, I can not remember which forum or I'd post it people here though/think very highly of Gary, I enjoyed his post because he was always so excited about the Horns, he is missed.

Gods peace and blessing to you both.

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

prayers

5. LittleHornChick

LittleHornChick 100+ Posts

My hope is that you both find peace and direction through the difficult times and uncover new hidden blessings with each day.

Your Hornfans family is here when you need us; post anytime.

Continued prayers to you both.

6. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Even now, after all this time, thinking about Gary's death brings tears to the eyes of some of us who never knew him.

My heart goes out to both you and Mr. Mihm_Rules on this father's day. I cannot imagine the pain and the complete sense of absence you must feel.

May the Lord's peace be with you always.

"We're Texas A&M and we just choke in any kind of post season play. I mean this was our place and we were ranked ahead of Bama and they still beat us. Crap. It just never ends. The Aggies tradition just continues." ----- Aggie Fan 72jtag

7. jmrob93

jmrob93 Guest

I've seen all of the posts from day 1 and really didn't know what to say--I'm a terrible comforter

It sounds like you are going about it the right way-- one step at a time, one day at a time

Good luck and I will pray for you.

8. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

Your family continues to be in my prayers. Gary's life touched so many, it is so amazing that it continues even a year later. Prayers.

[​IMG]

9. HornGal01

HornGal01 100+ Posts

More prayers

10. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Continued prayers.

11. Casualist

Casualist < 25 Posts

Never conversed with Gary, but a kid that loves UT athletics and what not especially? How awesome... Seemed like a great kid.

I send my deepest condolences and prayers for you Mrs. Mihm_rules..

12. Just imagine what Gary's eyes see. The feeling he has standing in the presence of our Lord. He looks down on you two every day sending kisses. When the wind blows by just grab up into it and get one of those kisses from him. God is blessing the two of you every day. Our prayers have reached him and touched him.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

count me in as well... as i'm a father of 3
    God Bless

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

the awesome thing about what GOO said is it's more than just sentamental stuff to make people fell better. Something figuratively like that might very well be happening. [​IMG]

15. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

mihm_rules_mom,

Amen on what GOO said. Though we cannot imagine the pain you and your husband feel in this life, take comfort in knowing that Gary is enjoying his life with the Lord. He will forever be with you and watch over you, and when your time comes, will reunite with you. Our prayers are with you, and may comfort ease your sorrow during tougher times.

16. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Prayers are with you and others in need, God Bless.

17. mihm_rules'_dad

mihm_rules'_dad 25+ Posts

Thank you to all. GOO, your words are beautiful and of great comfort.

With football starting back up, we are especially sad...

18. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Prayers to you both..

I know how bad this hurts... I lost my mom in January.. I know it's different, but it's the same in many ways...

Sometimes, I feel guilty when I'm not thinking about her constantly.. But, I guess that comes with time...

Just know that we're here for you...