Pre-NCAA Tournament bracketology & discussion

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think he just swapped us with Maryland. I'm okay with that. It would be good to play A&M. If we both advance that far, the matchup with Maryland is going to be a great matchup.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I would have no problem seeing this bracket for the Longhorns and like our chances against the field.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Potentially playing a&m in the second round would be a tough game. They play a lot more zone than man to man and obviously Texas struggles with teams that play zone. They also have some good players like Danni Williams, Howard the PF and a solid PG.

6. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Very dumb question when does the NCAA tournament start?
    Hook em.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Remember these projections, last year, said that they wouldn't put Texas in the same region as UConn. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I think Crème has done a really good job with the Top 16 teams in his latest bracket. It's definitely difficult trying to ensure that teams from the same conference aren't among the Top 4 seeds in any one region.

The RPI actually has Baylor at #7 overall; so, who knows for certain if they end up being a #1 seed over Oregon State or Miss. State.

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2017WBBrpi1.html

Crème/RPI:

1/1 - UConn, AAC
    8/6 - Stanford, PAC
    9/8 - Duke, ACC
    16/16 - DePaul, Big East

2/2 - Notre Dame ACC
    7/17 - Maryland, BIG
    10/9 - Washington, PAC
    15/14 - Kentucky, SEC (Lexington KY is the host site)

3/3 - South Carolina SEC
    6/4 - Oregon State, PAC
    11/13 - Texas, Big 12
    14/11 - Louisville ACC

4/7 - Baylor, Big 12
    5/5 - Miss. State, SEC
    12/12 - FSU, ACC
    13/10 - UCLA, PAC

12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I saw that regarding Stanford not being able to host first and second rounds due to the PAC 12 gymnastics championships taking place at Maples Pavilion.

But, I get the feeling if a #7 seed is going to host in place of #2 seed Stanford, it will probably be Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
    Creme's Friday bracket. Has six Big 12 teams in with ISU among the final four in. Big 12 teams are pretty well spread out.

South Carolina is #1 in our side of the bracket (we are #3) with Oregon State #2. BU would be waiting in the Final Four semis if we both get that far, if read the matchups correctly.

Can't wait til Monday to see who is actually coming to Austin and who are the potential matchups as we advance.

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks to Slimecap on Baylorfans.com for the lead.
    what to expect on Selection Monday
    http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...pns-ncaa-womens-basketball-selection-special/

• Like Like x 1
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'd be willing to bet that Creme's prediction of the Ags coming to Austin as a #6 seed holds true.

17. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Either we will be the team that had 19 game streak that valued every possession or not...to me it doesnt matter where we play. Would like to see Seniors win on their way out of the Drum. If we are the latter it wont matter....We will be very good where ever!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

As far as A&M is concerned, with 8 SEC teams projected to be in the tourney, the committee does try to spread them across the 4 different regions. So, that could impact where A&M goes. It does make perfect geographic sense to send them to Austin, but the bigger factor is where they place South Carolina and Mississippi State.

Plus, Baylor's seed and region are definitely not foregone conclusions just because Crème has them as the final #1 seed and going to Stockton. That could definitely have an impact on us.

19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Pretty much the way I feel about it as well. If we can find that Mid-February mojo again, we've got a great chance of making it to Dallas. If not, we may not get out of Austin. I'm sure hoping the rest over the past week serves us well. :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We had a lot of ups and downs during that 19 game winning streak; we were far from perfect. Our best performance was in Waco; no t sure any other performance measures up.

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Woohoo! We are not in UConn's regional!

• Like Like x 3
  22. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I know Maryland schedule wasn't too tough but a "3 seed"....not sure bout that one. They did win 30 games...no easy feat

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, with South Carolina tops in Stockton, that means Baylor is tops in OKC. And, that means we are going to be in the Lexington, KY regional (yet to be announced).

• Like Like x 2
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

South Carolina draws the short end again. Three time zones away...but tix for OKC

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I am glad the committee is sending a message that a such a weak OOC is not going to be rewarded with a very high seed; honestly, their power number don't even dictate them being a top 16 seed.

• Like Like x 1
  26. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Guessing we're going to be in KY with MS State

27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

No, with Notre Dame and Kentucky and Stanford.

28. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Going to be fun to see Lville and BU tangle again. They might be the only fan base that hates BU & Mulkey more than we do

• Like Like x 4
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor gets Miss. State., Washington, and Louisville. Both MSU and Udub have a post who can match up Kalani Brown.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, that means either Ohio State or NC State is coming to Austin, I think.