Pre-NCAA Tournament bracketology & discussion

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 6, 2017.

1. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

MSU might be the best team from a post standpoint to match up with BU. They're able to guard them straight up. Not sure how entertaining the game would be because there wouldn't be a lot of points scored.

2. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I like it...

3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

NC State scares me a little. They've had some big upset wins this season.

• Like Like x 2
  4. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

NC State will be tough. Glad it will be at home. They have wins over ND, FSU & Duke so they're more than capable

• Like Like x 1
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

NC State is going to be a TOUGH out... Would've much rather seen the Ags.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yep, NC State has some big wins at home; not sure how they fared on the road. Crème had NCSU as a #5 seed.

7. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

It's all about matchups when you get to the tournament and NC State will be a tough matchup. They have good guard play and they also run a 4 out 1 in offense.

8. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Central Arkansas....gotta do my home work. There is no NC St if we don't take care of this first

• Like Like x 6
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Big 12 fared pretty well.

WVU as a #6 seed. ISU as a #9 seed. Baylor a #1 seed. OU a #6 seed.

Surprised KSU is a #7 seed as I thought they'd be higher than WVU. But, KSU gets to host Stanford since Stanford's gym is being used for PAC Gymnastics championships. If win our two games, and KSU wins theirs, we play the Wildcats again in Lexington.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Gonna have to beg for the day off work Friday! How many of y'all are going to make it to the games??

11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

1:30 PM CT on Friday? Guess they don't care about attendance. Wonder if it's because the baseball team has a 7 PM home game against Tech. Regardless, that game time is during all the men's hoops first round Friday games.

12. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

As usual, Creme has it ALL WRONG...don't know where he comes up with his bracket, but it is never even close...oh, except UConn in Bridgeport..duh, like that is rocket science!! :whiteflag:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We played one good quarter against FSU, not counting 2OT.

NC State will be tough; they also won at FSU (in regulation).

If we make it to Lexington for the second weekend, we have a great shot to advance if we can play complete games; we just haven't been able to do that recently.

14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Central Arkansas is located in Conway - about 30 minutes from Coach Aston's hometown.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

If we play like we did against Iowa State, OU, and WV, then bye bye.
    If the theory is correct that our late season el foldo was caused by the Fla St. marathon, then a week's rest should restore us, and in that case we have a good bracket placement, and a good shot at the elite 8. We will see. If we play up to our potential, I like our chances in a second match up against Stanford. The shots better start falling, though, or the season ends in mild embarrassment .

• Like Like x 1
  16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

By the time they play the 1st game of the NCAA's they will have two days short of two weeks rest, so I'm looking forward to that excuse/gripe being completely moot.

• Like Like x 3
  17. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

The times are based off of TV and not attendance. This is an ESPN schedule.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, how close were we to being placed in UConn's regional? Very close, IMO.

1. UConn
    16. UCLA (got sent to CT regional for second straight year)
    8. Duke
    9. Maryland

2. Notre Dame
    15. Kentucky
    7. Stanford
    10. Texas

3. South Carolina
    14. Miami
    6. Oregon State
    11. Florida State

4. Baylor
    13. Louisville
    5. Miss. State
    12. Washington

One win against Iowa State or West Virginia and we could have easily ended up as the #8 or #9 national seed and perhaps in UConn's region again. With Stanford wining their conference tourney and having beaten Texas head-to-head, I don't think the committee would have bumped us above them to #7.

Hope we take advantage of how things have played out so far.

• Like Like x 1