Predict Horns vs TCU Horned Frogs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Sep 28, 2020.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’ll go 42-24 good guys.

To me Ash is on trial. Any political capital he may have accrued has disappeared. If we lay a defensive egg, Longhorn Nation will begin to wonder why we made a change.

2. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Been a long time since we had a blowout like this in conference. 63-7 Good guys! :yippee:

• Like Like x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

44-39 Horns

4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Horns 45
    Frogs 31
    Frog score late touchdown.

5. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Horns 48
    Frogs 21

6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Texas 42 - 34

7. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I loved my Koolaid last week, so I'll drink some more.

Horns 52
    Frogs 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Texas 51
    Cockroaches 10

Patterson pulls his pants up many, many times Saturday.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

.... and often takes off his black visor to mop his head with a large beach towel !

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Going contrarian here.

Texas' OL did not look good for long sections of the second half against TT, which does not have good defenses. TCU should be able to dominated the LOS, shut down the run, and hurry the QB.

After looking great against a hired chump from Division II, the Texas defense went back, back into time, back when the only people were cave men. Cave woman. Neanderthal! Troglodytes!

Or at least back to 2019 when they finished the year as the 107th defense. Giving up 42 points (I think 1 TD was a blocked punt and one a turnover for TD) is not a good game. Poor tackling, bad coverage, no QB pressure.

31 TCU
    24 UT

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Patterson is also one of those rare coaches who has adopted a new and foreign (to us) concept. It’s called halftime adjustments.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And now for the bright side: last year we were the walking wounded at DB in Ft Worth. We had true freshmen like #44 trying to cover some darn good TCU receivers. This year we are better, deeper, and healthier at DB.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

45 to 38 Texas in OT

• Like Like x 1
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes Chop, but the Texas secondary still cannot tackle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, ol' DBU looks to at least be good for a few INTs per game...

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop, what happens when the when this season's #44 strolls onto the field?

17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ya know I really thought we were ready for some football after the way our recovered players handled Utah. Guess that’s what we thought after Ga too but last year was the injury year and I thought when injury free we would rock. Tackling and pass rush still seem to be our issue to me. Well that and opening up consistent running lanes.

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

He’s got a year more experience under his belt. Physical ability was never his weakness. I expect him to be quite good as an upperclassman. Better coaching and scheme should also help over time.

19. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Texas - 40

TCU - 27

• Like Like x 1
  20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I didn't communicate properly. Somewhere on the roster is this year's #44 kid- raw freshman who has no business playing in any game much less ou at this point. What happens when he is pressed into action? Bill Bradley made the shift from an almost adequate QB to stud DB very quickly, but I am hoping we do not have to see a freshman covering ou freshman Marvin Mimms - that will not end well. In fact, based on Texas' secondary's last effort, I do not like any match-up involving Mimms (he is that good-I watched him for 3 years at Frisco Lone Star).

21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

One thing I have never understood:
    Let's say you're a linebacker and you can see the QB has dropped back to pass. A receiver moves into your area, he is open and the QB throws him the ball for a five to ten yard gain. If I'm a linebacker I'm going to move over and cover the guy as soon as he moves into my area not letting him be open. But yet I see time and again a receiver being open right in between defenders. This happens on all levels. I'm going to jump the route, start covering the guy even before the QB releases the ball, I'll either knock it down or intercept it. Now, i might not always be successful but that will always be my mindset. Cover the guy that's in your area! Just had to get that off my chest!

22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What happens is that when vacate your space. you leave the post route/slant (depending on how deep your drop is), allowing the QB to throw the ball to a 4.3 guy rather than 4.5 under you. The 4.3 is open in the middle running north & South; the 4.5 is running east/West.

I would, however, love to see the DB play the inside shoulder and stop the slant. It is much more difficult to throw over the top than underneath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Texas.....43
    TCU........29

• Like Like x 1
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

but Sabre, it doesn't matter when you can not tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

just because we had no sacks, no tackles by LBs, and played like a bunch of 14 year old boys playing grab *** at the 8th grade dance, does not necessarily mean we "cannot tackle".

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Hot Hot x 1
  27. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Texas 41
    Cockroaches 38

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Until they do it consistently over several games, this quote ranks right up there with "you are the first and only".

• Like Like x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, Cary, meant to be posted under discussion of mail-in ballots

Problem with trying to post on iPhone coupled with leftover anesthesia from yesterday's surgery.

Nurse is an Aggie, she probably sabotaged the post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm not going to predict a score, but I will predict a win for every game this year because quite frankly from what I've seen Texas shouldn't lose a game.

Will they? Yes based off the Tech game we'll probably end up losing two. Do I know who they'll lose to? Nope not a clue. It's clear we have the talent but it's also clear the coaching staff still has no idea how to prepare the team for every single game.

I'd bet because of the Tech game they are focused this weekend and stomp a mudhole in TCU. Maybe not. :idk:

• Like Like x 1