Predict Horns vs USC Trojans

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Sep 9, 2017.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Horns 41
    USC 38

:yes::hookem:

• Like Like x 9
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wow LC... I'm still savoring today's win. You must be feeling really frisky or you've had a cocktail or 3....

And you went way out on that limb in your prediction. :beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  3. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Trip to the woodshed. Maryland is probably lucky to have 5 players who would start for USC. Talent differential is huge. If it is 21 point differential, I would be happy.

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Watching USC's offense in the first half against Stanford... If we hold those guys under 45 we're lucky. Good news is Stanford's making lots of plays in the run game. Bad news is we don't have Stanford's o-line. My gut says 51-24.

• Like Like x 1
  5. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

24-17 Texas

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

we lose 55-10.:facepalm:

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

usc will win pretty handily. They are more physical, deeper, have excellent qb play, and balanced offensively.
    Our defense will be overmatched. Our offense will have a tough time putting up more than 14 points. USC is on their way to the top four in the championship round.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Catholic,

We are playing The University of Southern California, a private school on Exposition, a few blocks South of I-10 in LA, one block West of the 110. Perhaps you were mistakenly thinking USC stood for University of South Charleston.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I predict Herman will give USC the ole finger in the butthole treatment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

The good ol cue de gra

• Like Like x 1
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is going to be not good for Texas plus if you keep the sound on the TV you will have to put up with Herbie's dribble.

• Like Like x 1
  13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I watched that live. I love it when opponents do that when they aren't even playing us. Lol

14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Herman has been saving a little fairy dust for this one.

Horns 38
    Prophylactics 35

• Like Like x 5
  15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I don't think we can hang with these guys

USC 49
    Texas 21

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Yeah. 52-24,

but we make a field goal!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

After seeing how Herman has his teams playing over their head in big games I'm hopeful. Because of that I say 24-21 Horns with a touchdown coming from the D or special teams.

Honestly I just hope we don't get destroyed and I come out of the stadium in total mental disarray ending up in Compton.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This. The USC game will be the first of 5 in a row where Texas faces a QB who can tear a defense apart with ease.

19. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

If we win this game then i vote for TH to be the next governor of TX cause there is nothing he can't do. Excuse me if i am giving USC too much credit but i don't think so.

20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Intangibles:

- This is a payback game for USC. Payback games often don't go well for the team holding the grudge. See Nebraska.

- It's a home game for them thus, more pressure. The longer we hang, the more doubt that will creep in. After all, USC "should" dominate. Expectations for Texas are very low.

- Perhaps we own USC? Again, see Nebraska.

- Herman seems to do his best work when it is least expected. See FSU, OU and Louisville.

- Although it's a different venue, somewhat eerily, I will be sitting in almost exactly the same seat as I was on 1/4/06.

Practicality:

If we play this game 10 times, USC wins 8 or 9. But the last time we faced USC we played a near perfect game. Of course, that Texas team was loaded with future NFL starters.

This time we have an outside chance if the defense plays -- and Orlando coaches -- the game of his and their lives. I am assuming that our D was designed specifically to play teams with a great passing attacks, like USC, OU, and OSU.

I would love to be wrong but...

USC 42
    Texas 24

21. WorsterMan

I like Dukesteers' logical and practical approach to the game. Unfortunately, I agree with his prediction - me thinks USC wins by approx. 3 TD's. :facepalm:

I too would love to be wrong and come back here next week for a huge helping of crow.

22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dukesteer check your ticket. This game is at The Coliseum not the Rose Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

@dukesteer, I don't know. I doubt any current players care that Texas beat USC in January 2006. Maybe they care, but not to the point that it's a revenge game for them that would inspire them.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Unfortunately USC 47 Horns 23. I really hope I'm wrong.

25. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

USC 52
    UT 24

26. WorsterMan

Attended a game at the coliseum many years ago and have been in the area for business many times. The University of Spoiled Children and the coliseum have been in a really BAD part of LA for over 50 years. You fans that attend the game need to be very careful while in that area, especially at night.

• Like Like x 1
  27. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

VP, if you reread my post you will notice that I mentioned the "different venue." I live 71 miles from the Rose Bowl, and 57 from the coliseum.

Now, to bore you... I have lived in SoCal since 1977 but have never been to the coliseum. Never wanted to. It's a bad part of town. I have perhaps 20 customers who are rabid USC fans. I'm in the Plastics business and because of Hurricane Harvey, resin is very tight. My tickets were a gift from a USC season ticket holder hoping that I can help him secure product to keep his plant running...in October!

• Like Like x 2
  28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

D'S, just wanted to make sure you showed up as Texas will need all of the help they can get.

While I was living in LA the closest I got to USC was working late nights at Staples and going to Dodger games. One night not long after I "volunteered" for duty in LA I took the Vermont SB exit off the Santa Monica Freeway and figured out real quickly that I had made a wrong turn.

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

but...how many do we miss?

30. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

FWIW, I think the Texas v. USC game will be very close. It may come down to a late FG. Which bodes well for USC. I question if the defense can play well enough to win that game. If they can get it into OT Texas could pull the upset. It would be a huge upset.