Predict Roy Moore vs Doug Jones

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Polls vary widely. I've heard Jones is up by as much as 10 points and I've heard Moore is up by 2.5. Trump stumping for Moore. Obama robo-calls going out for Jones. Interest is unusually high for this type of election, mostly due to 40-year-old sexual assault claims, which Moore denies.

Personally, I believe most of the claims against Moore are true, but I can't believe Alabama would elect a Obama-backing, liberal Democrat. I say Moore gives the Dems a shock similar to the one they got a year ago.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I will go Moore based on the rising trend of registered R voters who say they are going to vote. Not that long ago, polling suggested a low turnout by R voters (vs. good enthusiasm among registered Ds). But the R-voter part of that has changed and the trend is now up. If they do turn out, Moore wins. Trump won Alabama by 28 points

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I predict a gigantic tool will be elected to the Senate.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I will go with Moore since all the polls are saying Jones.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Moore will win, but it'll be close by Alabama statewide election standards. Democratic senators will immediately try to launch expulsion proceedings.

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Moore will win. He could gun down someone and still win. That may help him more.

This falls into the category of being caught with a dead girl or a live boy...no one's dead.

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

That tells you more how pathetic the Democrat party and their MSM than it does anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, that's what it says...That sounds as weak as some Sooner trying to convince someone that his upside down horns tattoo on his calf isn't "obsessing over Texas".

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Interesting question
    How would Moore gunning down Hillary be reflected in Alabama polling?

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Moore in a close race by AL standards.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

LOL. It would have a significant impact. He would get 100% of the GOP vote and about 30% of the Dem vote.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I would think most people understand that WAPO has lost all credibility at this point, so anything they write about Republicans is pure fabrication, or readers believe that it is pure fabrication. Once you are identified as being devoid of character, your devious proclamations only serve to help your competition.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

This is going down to the wire.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Fox thinks Jones will pull this off.

18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Doug Jones won it.

19. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Jones is up, and the vast majority of uncounted votes are urban.

20. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Interesting that Fox has called it for Jones, but CNN hasn’t.

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Fox at about 8pm predicted Jones. They noticed that even in the rural areas whites were not coming out to vote.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So now deep red Alabama has a pro-abortion freak as a senator. It's a weird world sometimes.

IMO, it was not the WAPO or media generally that beat Moore. I would lay some responsibility at the feet of the GOPers who kept dumping on Moore. In the process, they dumped on the seat itself. They should have been saying, at a minimum, “OK, look, Moore might not be a great candidate but vote R ticket anyway to keep the seat. Then we can remove him." This would have been sane, pragmatic and moral. But the GOP is run by some real nincompoops.

In any event, I think he gets 2 years(?) and then they can get rid of Jones. The liberals will probably say this was a referendum on Trump, but I disagree. Trump won AL by almost 29 points which, to me, just shows how bad Moore was.

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The GOP needs to learn from this because this will embolden the left to attack Trump with even more sexual assault stories.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I saw a clip of one of the Megyn Kelly's women. She said Trump sexually harassed her for asking for her phone number some years back. She gave it. He never called.

• Like Like x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I was wrong.

3 years. The Senate will flip in 18.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Impossible, unless GOP nominates more Roy Moore’s. Too many Trump states. They have to win something like 20 of 27 competitive states.

27. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well, if you get to work painting incumbent republicans as pedophiles, I think you've got a good shot at it.

I'm really finding it funny how delusional people are, that they can take a win by a dem as some sort of mandate for the democrat party, when you've spent the past month virtue signaling about how only a loathsome monster could ever allow Roy Moore to assume office. So now all of a sudden Alabama is the tip of the progressive spear because you beat a really creepy guy who may have committed sexual assault, and you did it by less than the number of write-ins?

Whatever Barry.

28. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Well, Dems would need a +2 net. It's a rough year for them to take it back, considering the makeup of the seats in this third.

There are 25 Democratic seats (including Franken's seat) up for election and only 8 GOP seats. But of those blue ones, only about 6 are in play... 7 if you count Manchin's seat or possible party swap. I think it's fairly certain that 3 of the 8 red seats are up for blue grabs, especially Flake's and Heller's. My best guess is that GOP narrowly retains TN and loses NV/AZ. But they almost definitely oust the female seats from red states (ND and MO). I think Democrats know there's too much on the line to lose Manchin. The people of MT seem to like Tester a lot. In the end, it'll still be 51-49 for the GOP. But the House could be a lot more fun to predict.

29. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

If it's a referendum on anything it's that character matters. Good for the people of Alabama. They may have saved the GOP from the Trumpsters and showed tha t "winning" can't come at the expense of values.

Blame Bannon. His flame is starting to flicker.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I hope so. The stupid people have now cost the GOP five Senate seats (Delaware, Nevada, Missouri, Indians, and now Alabama). Those aren't all the fault of Bannon, but they are the fault of the Bannon mentality.

Nevertheless, if you look at Joe's comment, he's blaming the Party leadership not promising to expel Moore. Of course, if they had done so, Bannon (and Joe Fan) would have lost their **** and threw a fit that they were promising not to respect the will of the people.

• Like Like x 2