Predict various CC games

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Duck Dodgers, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Here are my stabs at the various Conference Championship Games:

SEC - Alabama vs. Florida. Bama - Gators are good on offensive but terrible on defense. Saban figures out how to stop them enough to win.

ACC - ND vs. Clemson - Tigers load up with all their best players now that they've had the Chinese Chicken Pox and are immune, and win.

Big 10 - OSU vs. Wisconsin - you'd think OSU, but the big head could doom them if they waltz into this game and don't expect a tought battle. Why not - Wisconsin.

Big 12 - OU vs. Texas - take a wild guess at this one? Would two losses in one year to OU doom Herman - you'd hope so.

Pac - no one cares, not even their own fans.

So in this scenario, the playoff four are Bama, Clemson, Wisconsin, and a one loss ND in the 4 spot to take on Bama.

2. LT

LT < 25 Posts

I agree with your analysis for the most part. OSU vs Wisconsin is going to be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

I disagree on Wisc. They always blow it. Final Four are Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and ... wait for it .... 1 loss aggy. <Ducks for cover.> To be clear, this is not my desired outcome, but let me explain. No way the CFP lets in BYU or Cinncy. Big 12 champ has two losses because it ain't OSU, and the Pac-12 is terrible. The only other choice is 1 loss ND. Their problems are that they've already played Clemson twice. No one wants a third match, which would be possible if they are in the CFP AND their loss occurred just before the CFP selection. Recent losses always cost more than "old" losses. Last factor is the SEC love. aggy has that, ND doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Great guesstimation. I'm with you on all but Wiscy...though it is possible.. 32.45%
    I'll add, too... I wouldn't bet on it, but I can see us beating ou this time around. 47.5%
    And you nailed UF analysis...that made aggy this year because their (aggy) defense isn't too shabby

5. Horn in Corpus

Horn in Corpus < 25 Posts

Aggy will lose to Auburn. Why? Because like everything else this year, the norm is behind schedule. Aggy norm is to build delusional fan base's expectations and then collapse back into reality of mediocrity. The entire SEC this year, outside of Florida and Bama, is mediocre. Cincy could have performed with a similar record as aggy against their schedule, Florida included.

Agree with OP's analysis for the most part. Best case would be for some kind of chaos that prompts a speed up of CFP expansion to 8 teams.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  6. LT

LT < 25 Posts

That is why I think this year is interesting, Wisc may turn things around. Would love to see it.

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Florida wins SEC championship thus leap frogging Aggy. Florida Bama Ohio State Clemson/ ND.

8. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Total sham not to have standard for all teams ....9-10 games played should be the standard; not some with 11 some with 8 and some with 6. Teams with fewer games will likely have fewer injuries thus be healthier for playoffs!!

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

First one should have done it.

10. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and perfect time to throw an unbeaten group of five team in there....

• Agree Agree x 1