Predicting the best offenses in the Big 12 for 2022

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bck031, Feb 25, 2022.

1. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

No. 1 Texas
    Steve Sarkisian is an elite offensive mind who will have tons of weapons to work with for 2022. Bijan Robinson and Xavier Worthy are bonafide stars, transfers Quinn Ewers, Isaiah Neyor and Jahleel Billingsley add more depth to an already strong offense.

Predicting the best offenses in the Big 12 for 2022

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Let’s hope so. I believe that the product on the field by Game 3 could be something special, or evolving into something special. The challenge is that we need that #1 offense to show up for Game 2…

3. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

and a number 1 defense to win the Big12 finally.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

We don’t even know who our starting quarterback is going to be and whomever it is has little or no D1 experience at all. This ranking is just dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I'd feel a lot better if the OP could have named a couple of OL in that post

Because he didn't, I'll say it won't be us. We're just not ready

• Like Like x 1
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Just someone else looking for clicks.

7. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It's really not that bad a take, because we were #3 in the conference in 2021.

Hell, TCU was #2.

The XII has taken a hard left turn from those dynamic offenses and pitiful defenses we were used to from like 2012-2018. Everyone has issues. Everyone also has transfers who are going to radically shift each team's rank in the stats from one year to the next.

Here's the thing, though: we could conceivably be like #40 in the nation in Total Offense, and still be #1 in the conference. I don't see that as progress. A more telling improvement would be going from #100 in Total Defense in the nation to like #50, keeping around the same level of production from offense, and seeing bigger differences on the scoreboard because of the complementary play. More short fields.

• Like Like x 1