President Biden Accountability Thread

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 2003TexasGrad, Jan 9, 2021.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

They’re laughing while I’m :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Show of hands who voted for them and are still proud of that vote. Or, has that window closed?

I'll, within the context of waiting, wait.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^hc, I absolutely did not vote for Biden/Harris. However, I must admit they have met my expectations - I expected a total disaster, and they are delivering just that.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. horninchicago

Same here!

8. horninchicago

Certainly a very vice presidential person not worthy in the least of being lectured to by a brainless Broadway performer. So adult.

9. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Same here, although I expected a disaster they are even worse than I expected. Total chit show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^I hope Joe can complete his term. As bad as it is with Joe at the helm, I shudder to think how much worse it could become if Kamala goes into the White House.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Joe will step down or the democrats will force him out just before the two year mark. November is going to be a disaster for the Dems. I expect Willie’s protege to take over soon.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

After refusing to allow the Ambassador to take a seat on AF2 coming on the heels of the word salad across the past week, I suspect steps will be taken to remove VP even before Biden...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

While simultaneously taking steps to cripple our fossil fuel production.

What an ignorant dick.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sangre
    What a lot of ignorant dicks
    Or dangerous dicks intent on destroying the West

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

So what would you have proposed? If the Nordstream pipeline is such a bad thing, then is Russia exporting oil a bad thing? Should we cut them off from the global petroleum market? Do you think that would make Russia more or less likely to go to war?

This thinking is destructive. It would start by harming the working class of Russia. They would freeze and starve to death. Then it would lead to massive war killing thousands or millions of more people around the world.

Either goods and services cross borders or armies do.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona?
    Didn't the US offer oil and gas to Germany during Trump admin?

20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Enriching a bad actor like Russia is not a good idea. The Cold War proved keeping them in poverty is best for the world. Once Putin passes we might be able to ease up on them.

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Not allowing them to trade will lead to war quicker than all this Ukraine junk.

What you are advocating will kill innocent civilians. It will also make American poorer too.

By your logic we should even further impoverish ourselves by cutting off all trade with China and Saudi Arabia. Canada is a dictatorship now so we should cut off trade with them too. How about Mexico? Very corrupt. Who does that leave? Few to none for trade but lots of wars.

Either goods and services cross borders or armies do.

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Sure. So what? Does that mean that is the best deal for Germany? Are they obligated to buy from us? I don't get the thinking.

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I would open our production to compete with Nordstream. I would use diplomatic channels to explain to Germany why importing US petrochemicals is preferable to importing Russian.

Russia has a lot of customers for its petroleum. Germany/Europe do not HAVE to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

They are Not obligated to buy from us But if they are going to pump money into Russia, then NATO (with the US supplying the most by far) should stop protecting Germany.
    Do you not see the conflict here? Germany wants NATO and US protection then turns around and aids Russia?
    Why doesn't Germany buy natural gas from Turkey a fellow NATO member?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  25. horninchicago

Who hacked Monahorns?

The Idiot In Chief Executive Ordered the US oil industry into Bolivian on day one. Reverse all of that. Simple.

Who around here is saying we should do things to harm Russians? How about we get back to our own drilling?

• Like Like x 1
  26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Of course US production should compete with Nordstream. But why would Europe prefer US petrochemicals over Russia's? That decision must be made on cost, quality, and supply stability.

But if it is so bad for Russia to sell to Europe that the US should cut it off why would the US allow Russia to corrupt some other part of the world? Do we want to make Russia and China closer allies? That would be way worse.

It would be better to build common interests between Russia and Europe through trade.

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't think it helps anyone when government's intervene in trade. If Turkey gives Germany a better deal then they should buy from Turkey. If not, they should buy from whoever gives them the best deal.

The way out of needing NATO is by building common interests between countries through trade not cutting ties between them. Sanctions are acts of war and lead to hot war. We need real actual markets and trade.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Biden has been horrible on oil and gas policy. But you know what is the worst thing about it? That oil and gas policy exists at all! The government should get their hands off the economy.

Cutting off trade from Russia to the West harms us all. I consistently call for less fascism and more freedom.

30. horninchicago

I think most of us agree. But, since that ain't gonna happen, let us "allow" trade with Russia while taking off the shackles here at home.