President Biden Accountability Thread

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 2003TexasGrad, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That is greatness
    Thanks Garm

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's funny because you could see it happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

MSNBC is officially propaganda. You liberals should defend it or admit you are dumb followers of a failed policy. The stock market is down 3000 since Corn Pop took over. Inflation is at a record high.

Or you like high inflation, high taxes and weak international status? I’ll hang up and listen.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Can't wait to hear the moving of goal posts by people on here after Biden confused Iranian people with the actual Ukrainians suffering
    Ok Biden lovers
    Have at it
    defend your demented sad person

• Like Like x 2
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

My guess:

In limo after speech -

Jill: did you see Pelosi tonight?
    Joe: no dear , she is behind me and I couldn’t look back at her.
    Jill: she was drunk on her a** again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Home now, will watch the recording. Please don't tell me he said he had great admiration for the Iranian people, being invaded last week. That was texted to me, I think it was a joke

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

He mistakenly said Iranian when he meant Ukrainian at least 1 - 2 times!

HE HAD THE CORRECT WORDS ON A PROMPTER IN FRONT AND STILL SAID IT WRONG!

WTF people!

:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Horn2RunAgain

Bubba strongly supported Biden. Before I get banned I'll stop right there

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

They can't defend it. That's why they keep bringing up Trump even though he hasn't been president for over a year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. WorsterMan

@Horn2RunAgain, please come back and tell us what you think of the Biden "State of the Union" after you watch the replay.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  11. WorsterMan

Just had a thought... at some point during a State of The Union the POTUS says, in some form of words: "The Union is strong".

I dont recall Joe ever making a statement or anything similar to that tonight .. do you???

Maybe I stepped out of the room for a refill of Mexican Fentanyl and missed it! o_O

12. WorsterMan

Wow, Biden greatness on display tonight!!!

Where are @OUBubba and @Seattle Husker to step up to crow - to support and defend Sleepy Joe and his admin.?

Ahh, probably because they are too ashamed .... what a foolish, disgraceful, incompetent mess he really is here and on the world stage. Plus Hunter tainted but largely unreported..

Iranian instead of Ukrainian - on the teleprompter no less, really?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. WorsterMan

I'm not done Joe.

Did I hear correctly today.. some recent inflation measure is over 9 %?o_O

Doc Holiday said it best in 1994 movie Tombstone: "It's not revenge, it's a reckoning"

Brutal midterm elections coming up in 8 months will be a RECKONING you Dems...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Horn2RunAgain

2/3 of the way thru. What's up with Pelosi & Ho? Sitting behind Sleepy , Nancy has her pompoms out, clapping at everything. Harris just sits there staring into space. Occasionally Nancy nods at Harris to join in the applause and Harris just ignores her. Odd

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horn2RunAgain

Dear God.... this buffoon is our POTUS. End the embarrassment and disgrace already

Biden confuses Iran and Ukraine in State of the Union gaffe

Also, why nothing about the need for energy independence? Gas and inflation is / are spiraling out of control,, could get MUCH worse soon. Drill dammit, drill

Career criminals on the streets (we know what party the DAs belong to). Where is your plan to lead on the problem?? (my wife, a teacher, is on assault leave. Attacked by a student who threatened her multiple times, no discipline was given out)

A bland speech by a leader with no energy, no clue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I saw Cruz and other Rs clap over the comment over funding the police. Anyone else find that RINOesque? Why clap for something that should never have been discussed in the first place?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

A big problem is most Americans have tuned out. We live in a largely uninformed society. Most Americans have been indoctrinated versus educated. Our republic is spinning out of control.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

To remind everyone that's what they want? To show that they were correct all along?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. horninchicago

Why not address it in the rebuttal? This is the problem. The Rs do the "right thing" all the time, clap at stuff like this that was so stupid to begin with. It does them no good and just makes them continue to look weak, because they are.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The Fortune 500 is an annual list compiled by Fortune that ranks the 500 largest corporations in the U.S. by total revenue. Last year, Fortune reported that 55 of those companies paid zero federal income tax for the year, mostly due to exploiting a difference between so-called book income and tax income.

Book income is a comprehensive view of a company's financial situation, which shareholders use to assess a corporation's health, and follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Meanwhile tax income is, generally, book income minus expenses and deductions.

Under the current system, some companies that appear profitable when filing book income financial statements to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), can report as unprofitable when filing tax income to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Under IRS standards, companies are able to deduct certain expenses from their taxable income, such as investments on building new factories or payments on employee stock options. Put together, those expenses help corporations significantly reduce their level of taxable income.

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I understand about policy. I'm just passing along the psyche of my black friends. They feel as they do because of the history of their people and the current profiling they believe is happening to them.

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I didn't watch but read some accounts of it. If they didn't address it in the rebuttal then I'd say that's a mistake because it's a huge bulls-eye on Liberalism.

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yes. I remember reconciling Tax versus Book Income in my college accounting classes. Also on the tax returns I compiled for my boss back in the 80's. I did not enjoy the timing difference tests.

Accelerated depreciation is the classic example.

25. horninchicago

Maybe they did address it in teh rebuttal, I don't know. What I am saying is that Dems don't clap for the R POTUS, practically no matter what is ever said. Why the Rs think they have to clap for something as absurd as walking back the idiotic defunding is beyond me.

26. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

because it is the right stance (fund the police) and if you just sit there the whole night and never clap for anything, even the stuff you typically support then you look like a hyper partisan douche and then your claims of 'consensus builder' and reaching across the aisle fall apart. if the whole of the GOP sits on their hands the whole night then it really does start to look like we are nothing but obstructionist. Remember, it is really the middle of the political spectrum that ultimately decides if the general election goes to a R or a D. If the middle thinks you are a tool then you are unlikely to win in a general election in most states.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. horninchicago

Again, address NOT standing like a puppet and clapping for something that was so idiotic to begin with in the rebuttal. Specifically say why that has been a disaster, defunding, and that we didn't clap for it because it should never have been on the table along with the cries of systemic racism amongst police.

Guess I'm the only one who finds it douchey TO clap for such an idiotic comment by Depends.

But, RINOs gonna RINO.

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Bubba gonna bubba...which reminds me that I need to go take a...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Slow Joe made MANY comments last night that illustrate how out of touch they are with how pricing works. He wants to claim companies are gouging, which is how they managed a profit.

Simultaneously, he ignores the crappy energy policy that has seen diesel prices go to over four bucks in most places. Then he wants to increase minimum wage at the federal level.

He and his handlers fail to recognize that rising wages mean the cost of raw goods go up since, after all, THOSE costs of production increased. Then, once produced, they have to be shipped by companies that have higher fuel costs AND wage costs, where they are received by companies that now ALSO have higher overhead. And they refuse to understand the trickle-up impact on pricing.

Of course, as we watch places like Target tout the wage increases for employees, lost in the chaff is that fewer employees will likely be used for registers as they move towards more self checkout and fewer employees will get the hours needed to qualify for healthcare on the company dime...

And, while the effort to move jobs BACK to the USA for manufacturing is laudable, it costs a lot more in some areas of production precisely because $15 or more per hour is a lot more than a few sheckels a day in some foreign land...

30. horninchicago

@mb227, I think the opposite is true. They know what raising the min. wage does, but the stupid people who think fast food cashier/fry cook jobs are career positions will continue to vote for them because they care so much about them.