President Biden Accountability Thread

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 2003TexasGrad, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I imagine that she's very good at anything involving the knees. Ask Willie Brown.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Good luck with that. The usual veep is a kisser or a fool. Even Lincoln picked a dud.

4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

And it certainly appears that Biden has topped Lincoln in picking a dud.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. HornHuskerDad

• poop poop x 1
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dems have no choice. They can't be honest. They have to defend this just like the Dems in here defend Biden et al even as he/they destroy our country

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

It IS rather ironic that the Texas House Dems have shown their support for ending the filibuster by *checks notes* engaging in a de facto filibuster of their own.

Further, their opposition to voter suppression is SOOOO strong that they are *checks notes again* taking deliberate actions to suppress the ability of the faithful members of the Texas House who want to do their jobs by being able to, among other things *checks notes yet again* voting.

The cowards want people to believe that election integrity was the ONLY thing on the agenda for the Special Session. It wasn't. And even if, by example, the TxLege wanted to take up the grid, which ISN'T on the agenda, they could not do anything because the cowards have made themselves unavailable. The Texas House Democrats are, once again, failing the citizens of the State of Texas.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I was wondering if anybody would point out that these democrats are doing the same thing, though in a different manner, as the republicans in the US Senate by just blocking everything. They are too much the minority here and are not going to prevail in the long run but I suspect the republicans will throw them a bone on the voting bill to get them back to take their licking on everything else.

Meanwhile, it will still be real easy to vote in Texas, just as it is now. Just nobody worth zhit to vote for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I liked the Charles Adams reply to Crenshaw...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Crenshaw and Adams are both right.

And Talarico is a hard Leftist who claims to put people over politics. He unfortunately is my Texas house rep. He is a young airhead but he is smart enough to try to hide his radicalism to get elected in Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

"filibuster with a field trip"

I like that one a lot. Great analogy

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Talarico is my state rep too. I hope they redistrict him out. It would probably make the other seat (Bucy) solidly blue, but he's more useful than Talarico. The dude has massive delusions of grandeur and righteousness.

14. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Meanwhile inflation exceeded expectations at 7.6%.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I've said that many times myself. The hypocrisy and lack of common sense is astounding. But their vile arrogance only grows. B*st*rds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. 2003TexasGrad

How even the basic liberal can't see any of this is what's incredible. It's the most blatantly hypocritical thing I've seen from this administration yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And 03
    That is saying something

20. 2003TexasGrad

The only thing that can outdo this is if Biden comes out and says the Sickle Cell is racist.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

They literally do not care. They think everyone is stupid and know that if they keep talking they will transform hypocrisy into truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Well, they KNOW their base IS stupid and does not care.

In the interim, we can only hope that the GOP offers up viable candidates now that the left is succeeding at energizing the right. And at the rate things are going, the Texas House Democrats are going to piss off the teachers now that they aren't there to approve the 13th check for retired teachers. People tend to remember a missing $2400.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. HornHuskerDad

Inflation is the cruelest tax of all. For those of us retirees who are living on a fixed income, we feel it every time we stop at the grocery store or the gas station. But we should get a COLA next year - maybe enough to cover the increased premium for Medicare. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

And 99% of America does not understand this. Even most retirees.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Don’t hold your breath hhd.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Acutally in today's climate most ordinary people are on fixed income in that their income is the same every month and raises are not guaranteed.
    But HHD your point is good

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. HornHuskerDad

6721, your point is valid for salaried folks. Sales people who earn commissions do have the possibility of increasing their income by increasing sales.
    For folks on real fixed incomes (salaried and retirees, for example), the options are limited. I can (a) find a part-time gig (very difficult at age 77), (b) tighten up on discretionary spending, or (c) dip into investments.
    I try to do most of my grocery shopping at the Commissary at NAS Fort Worth (Carswell, for us old-timers). And I see the prices climbing at the commissary. I seriously wonder how the enlisted troops are making it. Inflation is cruel - and the Biden administration doesn't seem to care.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

WTH?
    Biden is asking the UN to investigate racism and xenophobia in US?

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  29. HornHuskerDad

And Biden thinks we need the U.N. to do an investigation? Is this an admission that he can't handle his job as POTUS?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts