Prime Rib in Austin

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by TornACL, Nov 3, 2008.

1. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

Here's your mission:

It's Saturday night, 11/8/08. Texas has defeated Baylor, and to celebrate this momentous victory you wish to go out and have the best prime rib in Austin.

Austinities, I ask you....if you want the best prime rib in town, which restaurant do you visit???

2. Jellydonuts

Jellydonuts 250+ Posts

I really wish more places served Prime Rib, especially some of the high steak houses. The only two to come to mind are Houston's and Cool River. Both are really good.

3. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Jasper's at the Domain has an incredible herb-crusted rotisserie prime rib. It's not Lawry's, but the best I've had in Austin.
    I'll probably get flamed, but the smoked prime rib at Rudy's isn't bad.

4. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

there are better restaurants in town obviously, however Houston's prime rib does not disappoint

5. blkshoes

blkshoes 100+ Posts

buy one and cook it yourself. i used to do prime rib on christmas eve, but lately have moved it to new years eve. we will have much more to celebrate by then.

6. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Shoreline Grill has a good prime rib. I think County Line does, too, if you're looking for a different twist.

7. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Houston's for prime rib!

8. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

Shoreline has good PR.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

Houston's

10. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

The Yellow Rose!

.......oh, wait...that's lunch. Sorry.

11. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

Just to follow up, we went to Shoreline Grill. Was my first trip there. It was pretty good.

Next time we'll give Houston's a try.