PRINCELY UMANMIELEN DECOMMITING

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Oct 24, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Princely Umanmielen has decommited

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

OUCH!!!

3. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Apparently he wasn't real pleased with what he saw last Saturday. Imagine.

4. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Wonder who the “mentor” is and what school is he associated with?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Disappointed to learn of this...my sincere hope is he does not commit to the sorry ******** North of the Red River!

:ousucksnana:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Wouldn't surprise me. Another guy with a seething desire to beat Texas.

7. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Since he has never taken the filed in college, this probably should be added to the existent posts in 2020 Texas Recruits.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

This is what happens when you barely hang with Kansas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I agree with someone on the eagles or the shepherd thread who posted BTHOTCU

Just win and all these things that seem like problems will be trivial

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Once upon a time recruiting used to be a roller coaster for me. Who was player "x" leaning towards? Is player "y" really dead set on coming here but his mom is the resistance? How does dad feel and who on our staff is working on him? Will we beat OU for this guy and can we keep that guy's interest against a hard push from aggy as signing day approaches... and so on and so on.

I've watched these dramas unfold at Texas much longer than this kid has been alive and here's where I ended up:

It all works out in the end. We win some recruits, we lose some, we steal some from others, and others steal some from us. One player looks at a bad loss or an ugly win and loses faith in the school he has committed to. Another kid sees it and says, "They really do need me and now I know for sure I'm going there.". The guys that are bought in are the ones that will carry our program so let the wheat be sifted from the chaff before they even set foot on campus. Good luck to the kid and next man up. :hookem:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Good attitude El, wish I could stop it bothering me when people left. I do admit to some eye opening with the ever increasing liberalism throughout Austin. Makes me attempt more understanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Bye

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

We win out and win Big 12, and he will look to come back. I'm sure Shepperd (sp) kid's bad-mouthing coupled with terrible play the last few weeks lead to him having second thoughts. Maybe....

14. horninchicago

Wait, now you think Texas may win out? Have I misunderstood your comments lately? I sure as hell don't see them winning out. But, I get what you are saying in the big IF situation of Texas winning out.

15. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

horninchicago,
    I don't expect us to win out unless our injury situation suddenly gets remedied before the last three games. I was just stating what might happen with the de-commit, if we should turn things around with the defense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

Understand.

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If his actions really did play a role in a decommit, he will not be back no matter how Texas finishes out.

18. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

From OB..."As we’ve discussed, Umanmielen isn’t crazy about the 3-man front Texas predominantly runs, and he said that was the biggest reason for him opening up his recruitment.

“It was just that what I was seeing on the d-line. I didn’t want to play in that really,” he said.

And what would have to happen for Texas to win him over again?

To be honest, I don’t know. Probably change their scheme or something,” Umanmielen said."

19. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Seems like a solid, emotianally detached, well reasoned decision to me.
    If I was a promising young DL with my choice of teams to play for, I think I'd be open to other options, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

He went on to say Texas is still in the mix but only if they quit using the 3 man front...don't blame him.....

21. horninchicago

He may be right, but uh I hope the coaches don't rely on recruits to dictate winning schemes.

• Like Like x 2
  22. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

That 3-3-5 is going to ruin Herman's legacy. Riley was smart enough to get rid of it since it cost him the Natty ( Had OU had a defense last year, with Murray, they may have won it all). They may win it all this year with Hurts and a good defense.

23. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

How about performance? 3 years in the 100s in pass D would do it for most people. Even last year we gave up 34 or more points in 6 of our 14 games. What's interesting to me is it's not the run D that has suffered as much in the 3-3-5, it's the pass D which is what it's supposed to be good against.

24. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

In this case, the recruits are smarter than the coaches; it ain't gonna matter.

• Agree Agree x 1