Probable overturning of Roe v Wade

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by VYFan, May 2, 2022.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

You all are correct. Minor error. Not important. We all have and will make mistakes.
    I should not have been so critical. I went back and edited it
    The most important issue is the protestors violating a federal and a state law with no consequence.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

This is why you see me ranting about Liberals so much; that and other things they do.

3. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I don't think limiting contraceptives is a wide spread position but if it were, that is one election/vote where i would vote for a democrat. Our whole effort (of both sides) should be to do everything in our power to prevent the Unwanted/Unplanned pregnancy to begin with. I would go so far as to promote a free contraceptives agenda. The known societal impacts downstream of both abortion and unplanned babies is bad. Free contraceptives would truly be the 'ounce of prevention versus a pound of cure' tradeoff.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

For a moment I thought I was reading Hustler.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I dunno how anyone can read that and come away with the folks outside Kavanaugh's and Alito's homes were doing something different than attempting to influence the judges.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

#PREACH

7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's nuts. The zealots need to be voted out. Religious zealots cannot be reasoned with and I have dealt with this from my ex-wife. She is mentally ill. She is a lawyer and had been using her time to support Abbott's pro-life position by attending meetings and submitting briefs. But as I said, she is mentally ill. NOBODY in her family wants to deal with her. She has been cut-off. She is obsessed with Jesus yet is welcomed by Abbott.

These people are the absolute equivalent to communists when it comes to their mental state.

8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You obviously don't get the GOP talking points. You meant "Marxist" instead of communists. It's trending better with the fox news crowd. :)

I agree with you on this, just being a smarty pants.

• poop poop x 1
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's alright. I was just trying to find the Left-wing equivalent.

At least I didn't say Liberals from Oklahoma. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We have this thing called democracy where these issues get worked out via voting. The problem is leftists doing end-arounds by getting laws passed via the judicial branch. That is the issue. Everything else is fluff. Leftists are bad, period, because they don’t care about following the law.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They are not equivalent. See my post.

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I saw that. I was referring to the intent of totalitarianism. Their minds are the same; obsessed and oppressive. You have no freedoms with them. They "know" better. Why?

Because Jesus said so.

And many of these people refuse to accept the election results. I do. I do not believe it was stolen.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Further to my point, the leftists got judges to change election rules that benefitted them.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

As detailed in Federalist Editor in Chief Mollie Hemingway’s book “Rigged,” Elias helped orchestrate the effort to change hundreds of election laws and processes in the months leading up to the 2020 election in order to flood elections with tens of millions of mail-in ballots. The changes were then exploited by left-wing groups funded by hundreds of millions of dollars from Mark Zuckerberg to run Democrat Get-Out-The-Vote operations from inside government election offices.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BOSD
    The group that libs are screaming most affected if they can't get abortion on demand, poor black women,can get birth control free
    BUT they also have to use it.
    Any unwed woman who gives birth on the taxpayer dime gets counseling and info on getting birth control by a hospital social worker with the addresses of clinics including PP here they can get BC
    BUT they have to use it.

16. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I do understand that it is typically available for those that ask, and that when it is not used, it is typically the choice of the woman rather than lack of availability at play....But, if the GOP really wants to sound sincere to most of America when it comes to stopping abortions then they will come out in favor of stopping the pregnancies as well. In the Army, we called this "left of bang". Double entendre intended.

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I don't know of any Rs or conservatives who are against birth control methods. This sounds like a Big Lie to me. But Ds have been believing them for years now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Bruh....I posted a link. Also, I think that the version of Catholicism represented by the Samuel Alito's of the world (Opus Dei) are against any use of contraception. There are some conservative groups out there that are relatively minor that are also against birth control because the gift of sex is only to procreate.

Here's this one: Intimacy in Matrimony: Spousal Happiness and Openness to Life - Opus Dei

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    Are you serious? You call a state rep from Idaho saying he MIGHT consider banning BC as representing GOP view?
    Come on
    That is the second time you have tried to use a loon's opinion as a GOP view.
    Each party has loons.
    Should we pick one of yours and post that is a Dem position?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why not? It is done all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS! :)

He's the one saying the quiet part out loud. Roe was decided law until a Catholic majority assumed their places. Gird your loins!

There will be some unique things coming in the future. Companies who pay for their staff to travel out of state for abortions will become liable under the laws like Texas'. No?

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So because a Dem thinks abortion should be ok even during labor and that it is ok to withhold medical care to alive babies that is now Dem's position?

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Well, that's what has been ascribed to these "evil democrats", no?

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

When a state actually enacts a birth control ban, then I'll get worried. Bills getting filed is pretty meaningless. We're a lot closer to slavery reparations than we are to bans on birth control.

As for free birth control, I'm receptive but skeptical. Is inability to afford birth control the main reason we have out-of-wedlock births? I just have a hard time accepting that. Full disclosure, I haven't bought rubbers or birth control pills in years, but I don't remember either being very pricey.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If white liberals view your demographic as too poor and incompetent to get an ID to vote, they probably also view your demographic as too poor and incompetent to understand 1) the link between intercourse and pregnancy; 2) how to buy and use birth control.
    Thus, white liberals think it is a grand gesture of magnanimity on their part to fight for your right to kill your own baby.

• Like Like x 3
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Given the back and forth on the abortion issue, it appears access to contraception is the line for the pro-choice folks, not abortion (except for the hardliners). Their response tips their hand on what they truly feel about abortion (they are not wild about it either, except for the true whacko baby killers).

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently a lot of misinformation out there (where is the new government board on this?):

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Except BC IS readily available free or very very cheap. And information on BC is supplied readily too.
    The one thing that hasn't been done is force them to actually use it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1