Probable overturning of Roe v Wade

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by VYFan, May 2, 2022.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's pretty bad. Henry Cuellar (long-time Democratic House rep from Laredo) had an FBI raid on his home just prior to the primary against Jessica Cisneros, a back-stabbing (she interned with him) progressive AOC acolyte. This was a few months ago. She managed to force a run-off which he just won by less than 250 votes. They will have a recount. The FBI? No comment about the raid. Nothing at all. They let it hang there. You can't tell me the DOJ isn't behind this.

And those a-holes think Trump is bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Bad things tend to happen when people vote against someone with effective policies because they think he sends too many mean tweets. It is on par with those who claim they won't vote for someone because they believe the candidate is 'a bully.'

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And this is why the "protect democracy" crap rings so hollow. They're refusing to enforce the law and tacitly endorsing intimidation of judges.

4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Say whatever you want but the Florida governor is governing on the basis of some personal bravado and he did bully those kids. I showed the video to several colleagues and friends and everyone of them said he bullied them and was chickenshit for doing it. That is telling about who he is. I don't need that crap in my life. He has a loose screw. You'd never see George Bush (the 2nd Prez) do something like that.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Promise? Because I don’t want another George Bush.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

All that can be said then is that you apparently have very soft 'colleagues and friends.' There was no bullying present by telling kids to take off a useless (documented) piece of cloth, especially when he also TOLD them they could keep it on if they want but that they were useless.

I miss the days when telling the truth was simply stating the obvious. Now, people whine and snivel because someone said something a third party claimed hurt the fee-fees. I didn't see the kids whining and sniveling. Many seemed quite pleased at being told they could ditch the face diaper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

So you are saying the FBI is an enemy of the people.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The upper echelon sure seems to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Stacey Abrams did the same thing to a kid in a more bullying type of way.

When DeSantis said what he said, the kid was smiling. He didn't think he was being bullied. Maybe your friends are Leftists. Just sayin'.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It's like how Trump was such a fascist who, even though he was such a fascist, allowed constant investigations of him and his staff, allowed his appointees to be dragged through the mud and delayed on confirmations, allowed himself to be impeached, and gave so many impromptu pressers to give full visibility of his actions. Yeah, that is how DeSantis bullied those kids. Terrible bully when you say you can keep the stupid mask on if you want.

But, arguing with someone who constantly cries about liberals but then would vote for one because of a stupid perception of ONE incident of supposedly bullying "kids", they are college aged by the way, is an exercise in futility.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Give it up. They aren't leftists. There is nothing more than the fact that he is a bully. They are regular people who understand his manner very well.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I think you have a blind spot. You like that sort of thing. You hate the masks. But the video is clear. He was disgusted and used his power to get in their face. If this is how you analyze reality then I can't help you.

Have a lovely day lads. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

A comment made while walking to the damned podium to give a speech is NOT 'getting in their face' nor is it 'bullying.'

I miss the days when speakers could state the obvious simply because it WAS obvious. That holds even truer here given how useless masks have been demonstrated to have been...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Like other leftist ideological movements, they're forcing Kendi-style racial essentialism into it, which always leads to fighting over stupid things. It'll be funny to watch, until there's violence, which I fully expect.

However, there will also be fights on the Right. Plenty of dumbasses will push for a national ban. We'll have others saying stupid **** about rape and birth control. The point is that there will be plenty of embarrassing moments to go around. The Left won't have a monopoly on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

As long as the violence is aimed at each other no innocent person will be harmed.

I believe in federalism. But I also believe that abortion is murder. So... I could go either way.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Sorta depends on the details. I think the violence will be at the other side. It already is, and I think we'll see some rioting if the Alito opinion is formally adopted.

I being it's murder too, but we typically prosecute murderers in state of courts under state laws.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

20. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

In the scenario, states with laws against abortion prosecute it in state courts and those that don't have it processed in federal court.

Is anyone honestly surprised that pro-choice is code for pro-death?

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It isn't that simple. Even if Congress passed a federal law criminalizing abortion, it would be hard to keep the law from getting struck down in court, because their authority on the issue is pretty limited. If we're just talking about a doctor performing abortions on local women, there wouldn't be much Congress could do.

22. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

So when I do a Google search about ANYTHING, I will get results that aren't EXACTLY what I searched for. So are these lawmakers asking for Google to put disclaimers on ANY search result that doesn't match the search terms exactly, or on only those that are trying to save a life vs taking a life?

Lawmakers ask Google to stop steering people seeking abortion to anti-abortion sites (msn.com)

"The organization found that 1 in 10 Google search results for queries such as "abortion clinics near me" and "abortion pill" — specifically in states with trigger laws that would ban the procedure the moment Roe v. Wade is overturned — points to crisis pregnancy centers that oppose abortion instead."

- The horror that 10% of the results weren't exact matches.

I just did a search for "how to commit suicide." The first result that popped up was for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. I'm going to be scarred for life.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

That happens because organizations are using SEO to get their site up the list when certain search key words are used. This isn't Google doing it.

24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

But lawmakers are looking at Google to fix it? Ha, I almost wrote ‘lawbreakers’.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They need to just hand down the damn opinion. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Abortion rights activists are basically a death cult.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They have gone away from even pretending to follow the mantra "safe, legal, and rare". All they want is legal and ubiquitous.

Edit: This WaPo article confirms my assertion.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Safe, legal, and rare was always ********. It was all political posturing. There was no substance behind it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

How fast would federal agents swarm and arrest people doing something similar at Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer's houses?

• Agree Agree x 3