Prognostication for the Season - Time to Predict Texas

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dukesteer, Aug 17, 2019.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I think it’s about time and frankly, I can’t wait...

Being the highly objective and prognostication adroit individual that I am, I believe that Texas will win the conference and make the CFP. (No orange colored glasses here.) Once there, who knows?

I’ll predict a 12 win season but again, culminating in a CFP appearance.

Caveats:

Sam must stay healthy and we must remain healthy on the D, particularly among key players like Sterns, Jones, Roach, Ossai Coburn and Foster. We can afford to lose one or perhaps two for a game, but not many for multiple games.

I’m bullish for a few reasons:

> Sam is ready to lead this team to greatness. He has the “it” factor and the game has slowed down for him. Game planning for Texas, primarily because of Sam, will be a big challenge.

> The offense is simply loaded. The OL will be better and deeper, the running game should improve and the receiving corps is lights out. Then there are the playmakers like JW & JS. We are a DC’s nightmare.

> On D, I am buying into the speed and depth on the back end, and that is the game changer. If indeed we’re blessed with perhaps 8 strong DB options as appears to be the case, we will become an OC’s nightmare as well. I’m drinking the Koolaid.

> Chemistry & Confidence. I sense a cohesiveness that hasn’t been here in many years. Just the fact that Herman has made so many players available to the media, and so early, tells me that he has confidence in his players.

Might be a special year...

:hammertime::mj::trophy:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Whoa there Duke. I think there may be some special times this season but not as blindly confident as you are. Guess my feelings are always a bit subdued because so many preseason aspirations have been dashed. I’m feeling good about what Herman is creating and really high on some of individual players but feel we need another year or so if growth to be a playoff contender. I seriously hope you’re right but I can’t say my confidence is there yet.
    Hookem

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I think they can go 12-0, which means they are likely to go 10-2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

That’s pretty much how I feel mc. Scared to make a bold prediction for fear of disappointment. Hell I’m with them no matter what so I just go with it and hope for the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'm on board with 10-2.

6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Texas loses one game this season on it's way to an 11-1 mark and loses in the first round of the playoffs to Clemson.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

9. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

12-0
    14-1
    That's right baby

11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

11-1
    We win the conference and play Clemson for the Natty!
    I am assuming if we’re 12-1 after the CC game were #3.

12. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

10-2 regular season.

We beat either OU or LSU, but not both. We lose to someone else, unexpectedly.

Like last year, we play for the Big 12 Championship. If we win, we go to the playoffs. Not sure whether that happens or not.

13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm going to have to go with 8-4. TH has to prove to me he can beat the mullet and not lose to another lesser team before I can predict any better than that. Put up or shut up season for TH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

DOOMED!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

My heart says 10-2 in regular season my brain says 9-3. Texas is closer to 8-4 than it is to 12-0. I think the home game with LSU and the road trips to Dallas for OU, Fort Worth for TCU and Ames for Iowa State will be the games that decide where Texas falls between 8-4 and 12-0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

9 1/2-2 1/2
    Win Big 12 championship
    Committee not sure what to do with the "halves" and a lot of suspense/controversy over if UT or a 10-2 team from another conference grabs the #4 playoff spot.

17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Healthy Ehlinger, 10-2; Healthy Ehlinger and over achieving defense 11-1; Injured Ehlinger 8-4; Injured Ehlinger with over achieving Defense 9-3.

After doing all the factoring, statistical analysis of probabilities and likely outcomes:
    10-2. :hookem2: :headbang:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

19. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

10-2. We beat either OU or LSU, but not both. We lose to someone else, unexpectedly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

In general, 8-4 would be a big disappointment to me. I think the team is capable of winning every game. Nobody is over their head. It's a matter of execution including the coaches. At the same time there is no way I predict 12-0. 10-2 just seems about right given the realities of life on the field especially when you think about Maryland. I can't explain what happened there but we were handled far too easily given the Terrapins talent level.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  21. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i did all that. just in my head

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

24. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Why not ----13-2--- If 11 stays healthy.

25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I have no clue, but 10-2 is the high with 9-3 the low for regular season record.

I believe 2020 will be the Horns year.

26. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I think 9-3. They might do better (or worse), but I'm concerned that the team lacks depth at some key positions.

27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As much as it pained me, I had to take the under on the win total...which was 9.5. However, by the time I got to the window last week, it had already been bet down to an even 9. So...for those reasons, I could be gruntled with 10-3 (which includes the expected bowl win, but those don't count in the W/L props).

That being said, I would LIKE to see ten or more in the regular season, but if that happens, y'all need to pony up to make up for my bet LOL!

:hookem:

And...to be certain...:ousucksnana:

28. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Won't lose a game. Depending upon what happens on the rankings chart (like tOSU 1969) ... Win the National Title.

So let it be written ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I like it, but I hope you're not flying tonight.

:D

30. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

hey, if yer Texas and not shooting for it all, what's the point?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1