Program Changing Game?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HoffHorn, Nov 9, 2022.

1. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Look, We’re all on here because 1) Dionysus allows us….truth!, 2) we LOVE our School and for whatever reason (OU sucking and aggie in FULL BLOWN melt down), THIS GAME is that opportunity that so many of us look forward to have! We need to CAPITALIZE right here!

I apologize for trying to sound like the “Gipper” but this is that opportunity!

Hook em!!!!!!…..AND ….

LFG!

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

You are right. Ww are good enough to win out. Finishing in the top 10 on the field and top 5 in recruiting looks uncertain but doable. Until you are a champion all you can ask for is opportunity.

• Like Like x 3
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Winning out would mean likely beating TCU twice. Difficult but achievable.

Very important game.

• Like Like x 3
  4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Really hoping the fans give us their A game.

TCU has a really good offense.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think it would have been more program-changing if the team coming to Austin and ranked #4 was someone other than TCU. If Baylor or OK State were #4 and coming in, it'd be a stronger case. People don't respect TCU, which is why they're undefeated right now, otherwise they (OK State, KSU, KU, whoever) would have gotten their **** together and held on to beat them.

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. EMJ426

EMJ426 250+ Posts

I truly believe we can win out. We just need to play it one game at a time and most importantly stay HEALTHY.
    I don’t like that the Championship game is played in Dallas, because I don’t believe TCU travels as well as we do. Dallas is just too close.
    Fingers crossed and the burnt orange gods above help us get this done.
    Hook’em and see everyone on Saturday.

• Like Like x 4
  7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

9986BE82-9F89-40E4-B2A3-394CE4FE69CB.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

we are going to f**k their **** up

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

When TCU played OU in the Big 12 Championship game in Arlington, Sooner boosters significantly utnumbered the purple clad fans. There are more Horns fans in the Metroplex than Horned Frogs fans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I actually think that the game last weekend in Manhattan was arguably “program changing.” We will see if that momentum can be sustained. I’m predicting that it can.

• Like Like x 3
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

IF Horns get to Jerry World Big 12 Championsip vs. Frogs, crowd will be optimistic: TCU 1/3, UT 2/3.

Might be: 1/4 Frogs, 3/4 Horn fans....

Regardless, Horns gotta focus on this Sat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Living alums is 600K to 100K. And I'd suppose we have 10x as many t-shirt fans.

13. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I feel pretty good about the game; we have more talent and depth, but...........

We have a history of starting fast and bogging down. They have a history of starting slow and finishing fast. And Max Duggan is an inspirational qb.

Optimistic here, but wary

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Duggan is a bad *** and just makes plays however he needs to

• Like Like x 1
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep. The 4th quarter is where we spudder on offence and the defence wears down. Of the opponents to date, the Horns have scored 46 points in the 4th quarter of the 9 games played while opponents have scored 71, and our Defence appears to be worn down. Hopefully, the coached get this fixed, like by tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  16. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I grew up on the Longhorns beginning in 1961 in Ft Worth. Yes, I remember losing to those cockroaches 6-0 that year, which cost us the national championship. Other than being the fly in the ointment they've occasionally been, I just can't get behind the idea that beating them will ever be a "Program changing game".

Yes, I know college football has changed from those 1960s and 1970s days. And I respect what the Frogs have done. But change our program? Nah, I was brainwashed at an early age. I just can't give TCU that much acclaim. Call me a dinosaur.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

As I commented earlier, I thought that the defense and in particular the D line played their hearts out last Saturday, in crunch time. To me that might have been a corner turning event. Guess we’ll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Some games they play well enough, some they don’t. The Tech loss was due to a fumble by Bijan on the first play of overtime setting up Tech for a chip shot field goal for the win. Still, in the first half we look good, and in the second half not so good, and that’s on both sides of the ball. Hopefully, the team plays well over the 3 remaining games.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  19. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Possibly, in that Sark probably won’t be here at end of next year, well I guess that means the program remains mediocre at best just with a different set of coaches.

20. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

No program changes, we remain mediocre.

• Agree Agree x 2