Proud to be a Longhorn

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by dadrivr, Mar 19, 2016.

1. dadrivr

dadrivr 25+ Posts

I'm proud of our Longhorns—we had a solid season. We exceeded expectations in Shaka's first season, despite our leading scorer struggling with plantar fasciitis and losing Cam Ridley for most of the season. Shaka helped Ibeh become Big 12 Defensive POY and a likely 2nd round pick in the NBA Draft. We finished 4th in a top conference with 20 wins, and had more wins against top-10 teams than any other team in the country.

This team had clear flaws, e.g., inconsistent outside shooting, poor post offense without Cam. Unlike prior Texas teams, however, one of those flaws was not a lack of effort. Yesterday was a heart-breaker, and we could have definitely played better, but one game does not a team make. Thanks to our seniors for all they've done for UT basketball, and I'll be excited to see what Shaka can do with new, young talent. I'm proud to wear burnt orange today—things are trending upward for Texas basketball. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

+1 :hookem:

I’m looking forward to the future under Coach Smart!

3. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

I don't need athletic success to be proud of my alma mater. But it's more fun that way, isn't it?

I agree - not a bad season, all things considered. Something to build off of.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias