PSA: Logitech Harmony 880 - $108 + No ship

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by CaptainEd, Nov 20, 2007.

1. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

2. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

Not a bad deal. I bought the Logitech Harmony 550 or something like that for the same price as this sale. Damn! I'd much rather have this model.

3. RoundRobin

RoundRobin 100+ Posts

This may be a stupid question but will that be convenient to operate my Hughes Tivo/DTV Receiver? I have three remotes on my nightstand that I'd like to reduce to one but I don't want to lose any of the Tivo remote functions.

RR

4. DieUCLA98

DieUCLA98 500+ Posts

That remote is pure allsomeness. I have one and it controls my oppo dvd player, pio elite receiver, dvr, cable, cd, all the input switching on my receiver and its ridiculously easy to set up. And to be honest, I barely have touched on its power.

Great remote.

5. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

back up to $120... still a decent price, but I probably would have bit at 108.

6. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

I got one of these

Philips SRU8010 IconRemote

I had a Philips Visa card for a while and has some points to use. It was the only thing I had enough points for other than a DVD player, which I didn't need.

I wasn't expecting much, but it has really impressed me. I currently have set up on it:

TV (Philips)
    Tivo Series 2
    Dish ViP 722
    XBox

I just added an HD-DVD player to my setup and have had a little trouble finding a code to use, but since it's a learning remote, I'm not too worried. I also still need to set up the AV receiver I just hooked up.

The channel favorites is absolutely awesome (can set up 20), and there is far less lag than when I was using my Tivo remote with the TV.

7. BooDog

BooDog 100+ Posts

The Harmony remote is fantastical. It's the only remote I've been able to find that truely is universal but is still economical and simple to use.

It's so easy my wife can actually operate our home theater system without: (1) my help; or (2) totally, but inadvertently, screwing up the system so that I have to call the manufacturer to figure how to undo what she did.

8. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts