PSA Re: JVC-HD- 56' Cheap!!

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by LongIslandIceSIP, Jul 16, 2007.

1. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

2. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

my family has this set. its got one of the best looking pictures ive ever seen. they havent had any major issues since they bought it about a year ago.

3. BIGsteve041

BIGsteve041 25+ Posts

JVC's website

I'm buying one tonight when I get off work. Thats an incredible deal.

4. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

I'm not getting one or anything, but what was the retail @ Best Buy?

Do you think it's a price drop due to phasing out this unit for the next gen?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. LongIslandIceSIP

I think it was close to $1700 at Best Buy (plus tax). I read that the 2007 model is coming out with the same technology but thinner overall dimension, so that it can be wall mounted.

I don't like the wall mount because you have to set it up at a stud, and it's not necessarily the perfect location with respect to my living room.

So for me, since I'm ok with having it on a stand, I'll do without the ultra thin mount version and save $$$.

6. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

We have a JVC TV and love, love, love it. Would highly recommend the brand to anyone.

Just think, you are getting a 56" 1080p for the same price we got our 52" 720p last November. [​IMG]

7. Quagmire

Quagmire 100+ Posts

good deal until the bulb burns out

8. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

just keep bugging jvc customer service until they give you a free one. thats what my father did.

the bulbs do expire quickly and they are not cheap.

9. LongIslandIceSIP

how expensive are the bulbs? I can get a 3 year warranty for $199. If a bulb lasts less than 3 years it might be worth it.

10. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

I wish they had Bill Me Later.

11. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

WOW that is a hell of a price, hopefully a sign of further cuts to come! I really want a flat panel just for the clean look it is going to give my living room, but this is damn tempting.... hmmm....

maybe as a stop gap?

12. Quagmire

Quagmire 100+ Posts

Some warrantys cover the bulbs, some don't so i would be sure to check.

I know they have newer samsung dlps that use led light engine that is supposed to last the life of the set.

13. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

14. BIGsteve041

BIGsteve041 25+ Posts

Rollingwood, is it the new model that weighs 140 pounds? The one in this ad weighs 88 so I imagine if they are slimming it down it should cut some of the weight.

15. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts