PSA: When a traffic light has lost power - STOP!

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by ctrl+alt+del, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

You know, this is something that shouldn't even have to be mentioned since it is part of basic driving principles. I don't know what the hell goes through people's minds when there is a power outage and the traffic lights are out, but when they are, you treat it like you would a stop sign. That means STOP!!! Mrs. Reboot, my 2 year-old, my 1 month-old and I almost lost our lives today because Jimmy slap-dick in his Suburban decided that since all the traffic at the intersection of NASA Road 1 and Space Center Blvd was stopped and the signals were out, that he had carte blanche to go around the stopped traffic and through the intersection at around 30 mph, almost t-boning us when we were advancing after waiting our turn to go. To make matters worse, the guy was on his cell phone. Now, I usually let other drivers' discourtesy slide, but this was different since he put my family's life at risk. It took a tremendous amount of strength for me not to run him down and beat his face in with his cell phone. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Immediately following Hurricane Rita, I can't tell you how many times I was nearly smashed into from behind when stopping at a light that had lost power. And then I usually got the one-finger salute from these worthless turd-kernels.