Purple Reins

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Crockett, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Two long tenured coaches who brought modern era relevance to programs at Kansas State and TCU are doing really poorly this season. How long will they stay after it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Patterson will make changes and get it fixed like he did after that 4-8 season but it may be over for Snyder. Synder will always be one of the best at doing more with less.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Agree. Patterson has had hiccups like this in the past. He'll get it figured out and TCU will give him all the time he needs to do so.

Been watching K-State this year and also wondering if we're seeing Bill Snyder's last season. Time may have finally caught up with the purple wizard and I know he's been lobbying to have his son Sean replace him. Apparently not everyone at K-State is on board with that so should be interesting

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Agree Patterson will make changes to get the frogs back on track. TCU loves him and truly appreciates what he has accomplished for that program. He is a made man....

I thought earlier this season that this will be the last year for Snyder. He'll, the man loves the game but at 82, or whatever, the game and recruiting must become really tiresome for him. Just not fun anymore.

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

funny thread title

6. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Yes, it was. Purple reigns would've been even better, but reins works too.

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I think Crockett's title is brilliant. :bow:

I will be sad to see Snyder go.
    He is such a decent guy even if he did seem to have the Horns numbet

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Thanks X, NJ and 6721. I agree with NJ that Reigns would have been better. If he wants to edit my posts I'll cheerfully share the profits.

9. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I noticed the title too, but I'm not an internet spelling nazi.

Purple reins.
    Purple reigns.
    Purple rains.

Whatever, it works.

Hook 'em

10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Reins - strap of leather that steers the horse. the person in charge or control. Totally works!

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Well CLEARLY Crockett was going for the reins that a coach holds.
    See? each team's colors include purple so the reins would be purple.
    Therefore the title "Purple Reins" is correct.

Geesh:brickwall::whiteflag::idk::facepalm::cursing2: when you have explain it.:ousucks:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, withholding scholarship checks? What a douche. Just kick them off the team or punish them some football way for messing up, but leaving a kid homeless to make him listen is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

Patterson's issue this year is his sweat towel girl. He had the same one following him around the sidelines for years and she must have graduated. This year's sweat towel girl doesn't have the same mojo, hence a crappy year. For our sake, he keeps her three more years.

- Mike

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That does not sound like Snyder at all.To withhold money most kids on schollie really need for frivolous reasons or without having conversations with the athletes in question.
    There must be more to the story. But we may never know.

For instance this makes no sense.
    "Crews arrived in 2006 under former coach Ron Prince, who he called a "control freak." Prince lasted three seasons before Snyder returned in 2009. By then, Crews saw some of those 2006 Texas Bowl rings handed out, just not to him."
    So Prince held onto the rings for 3 years?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  16. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

It is a rare individual indeed that can maintain an ego in check when many around him have, for decades, referred to the person in diety-like terms. That was the case with Paterno (who I never liked), and apparently it is the case with Snyder.

For the sake of his legacy and the reputation of the school, let’s hope that someone in a position of authority has the wisdom and confidence to do what apparently needs to be done...and very soon.