Putting Down Your Dog

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Mike_Tyson, Jan 3, 2008.

1. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

RIP Major [​IMG]

2. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and feelings on the matter. It was tough. I haven't cried this much since my Paw-Paw died from cancer 2 years ago. He went peacefully and my vet was just class all the way through it, got his condolence letter yesterday. Major was a special dog, one I will probably never see like again, and I will cherish his 13 awesome years. So many great stories to tell about that dog, perhaps a doggy-story thread some time in the future. Damn, I loved that dog.

3. NatChampUT

NatChampUT 100+ Posts

Just now reading this thread, but it hits close to home. I had to put my nearly 13 year old dog to sleep on Wednesday. She too had cushings disease. During Christmas 06 she was also diagnosed with diabetes so for the last year we had to give her 2 shots of insulin a day which was terrible. She stopped eating and on Wednesday she was in a lot of pain and couldn't even walk, so I knew it was her time to go. Definitely the worst day of my life. She lived a long, happy life and I'm so thankful I had her for as long as I did. I got her on the last day of 3rd grade and here I am about to graduate college, so she was with me through it all. I keep looking at the spot where she always slept and it kills me to not see her there.

RIP to Beauty and Major