QB transfers

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 22Horn, Jan 8, 2019.

1. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Grad transfers should be eligible immediately. All others with the exception of extreme hardship should have to sit a year. Fields and Martell don't qualify. The coach's can move without restrictions argument is for the less intelligent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

What would qualify as an extreme hardship? I'm really asking because I don't know.. I just know if there is even a slight opening too many kids and schools (ou) will try to take advantage.

3. I_Dont_Exist

As currently defined by the NCAA being the primary caregiver or at least heavily involved regarding a family member. Not I have or most likely will be beaten out by another player.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I_Dont_Exist

Also denying not being immeaditly eligible creates a hardship on future earnings. Again Fields and Martell don't qualify unless something not yet known to the general public applies.

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Fields had a racially charged incident occur that he would attach to his request that would likely be approved.

6. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

So being a pampered douchenozzle does not qualify as a hardship per the NCAA?
    How'd Baker Mafield get one then?

• Like Like x 1
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

because ouSUX

8. I_Dont_Exist

Mayfield was a walk on who never got financial aid. Losing a year for transferring within the conference is a ******** rule that should never have been adopted. The only problem was making an exception for him alone. The rule should have been changed yesterday at the latest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Martell seems to be the biggest turd to float down the pipe since Ryan Perriloux.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I_Dont_Exist

Sadly the gutless wonder that is the NCAA may well agree for political correctness, which I abhor, will grant. Doesn't make it right.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

These two are one item that is the biggest decision the NCAA has ever faced. If they grant Fields "hardship", which was started and is being driven by his father, then every unhappy kid in college athletics is going to pay a couple of guys $200 to yell at him during a game and video it so they can transfer. This is a complete abomination driven by a helicopter father. It does, however, give Martell's father an option claiming someone yelled "cracker", or "white trash" or "honkey" and demand he play immediately.

College football has always been full of trash, but these guys are taking it to a whole new level.

NCAA needs to shut it down and start investigating tampering with these transfers. Otherwise, the street agent market is going to be larger and worse than ever.

:soapbox:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Likely Grad transfers

14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

No surprise there.
    Hope Porter has success.
    He worked hard for the Horns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

If memory serves me correctly, Herman mentioned that Houston stood out as working really hard last Spring. So best of luck to the both of them.

16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

:lmao:

Amirite?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i don't disagree with what this does, but it was not a fan. it was a fellow Georgia scholarship athlete. more of a fox in the henhouse scenario that makes for a more reasonable "this athletic department is not a safe work environment."

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

X,

I disagree. The kid was a baseball player. I would bet that Fields had no idea who the kid was, nor that he was a baseball player. In fact, I doubt he even heard it. How many times in his 19 years has he been called that? How many times has one of his teammates called him that?

He's a whiny ***** that can't take the fact that someone got to start over him. Add what I'm sure was interference by street agents, the classless pieces of **** at that hell hole in Ohio, a helicopter father, who wants a Supreme Court case for his kid, and the NCAA has a **** storm of major proportions.

UGA totally humped the puppy on this one.

19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i side with you. i'm just describing the argument. it wasn't just a fan

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I understand, but I still assert, athlete or not, doesn't matter. It is now going to be a federal case, and the NCAA will not fight it thus allowing the federal government to enter college athletics, not to mention the scenario I presented earlier with street agents and under the table pilfering.

Not even OU or A&M would pull **** like this; well Jimbo would, but not sure the Aggies would let him.

21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

There are 75 million reasons that the ags don't care what he does.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Baker didn't get a hardship. He sat out a year and ran scout team. He worked on his police evasion skills...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Right, but he didn't lose a year of eligibility. Which I agree is a dumb rule, but as said before, making him the exception wasn't right either.

To whom much is given, from him much is expected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

25. I_Dont_Exist

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Nope. It's true. This is what happens when you fire one offensive coordinator (who was tight with McCoy) hire another offensive coordinator just before signing day, let that guy sweet talk McCoy, then lose the new OC just a couple of days after signing day.

• Agree Agree x 1