Qb

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by mojo17, Nov 19, 2014.

1. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

San Angelo has a quarterback that i wish we were looking at. His last name is Hucks. He is extremely accurate with his passes and one of the best runners i have seen since Vince

2. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Braden Hucks. I don't think the recruiting services have rated him, and I doubt if he would get much of a look from any program, because he played QB only for one year (he was an RB last year), though he has great numbers. He is also small to be a QB these days if the listed 5-11 height is correct. But I took a look at his highlight videos and yeah, he is an exciting player and quite fast as a runner. 2200 yards passing, 22 TDs, 9 INTs, and 1000 yards rushing and 6 TDs this year. Elusive and a hard-working player, and a play-maker. His arm strength will be questioned, and also the release time, in my non-expert opinion. He should try walking on to some school (may be us!) because the guy seems to be a player at some spot on some roster, if not QB. Certainly a good athlete.

3. Shady12

Shady12 < 25 Posts

He ended up throwing for over 3,000 and running for over 1,300 54 total TDs. His only D1 offer was Air Force and he recently committed there. Here's his highlights. Impressive.
    The Link

4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't JFF a 3 star? Just sayin. More QBs the better, walk this way!

5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

So was Russell Wilson, the QB for the winning team tomorrow.

6. Hornitos

Hornitos < 25 Posts

Jaykaris,
    You mean you wouldn't offer this kid if no other qb sign up?

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^^ I don't know. I'm no an expert on judging QB potential. I assume the reason why no recruiting services have rated him is that they feel his potential is low? In which case, it is tough to imagine Texas offering. He doesn't seem to be better than Matt Merrick, who is after all a 3-star national top-1500 type player, and we are asking Merrick to greyshirt without a schol this year. If no other QB commits, right now Merrick will be the 3rd QB behind Heard and Swoopes. In that case, the staff will try hard to make a late run on a Jake Hubenak or somebody (or wait for a Grad transfer like Connor Brewer).

How comes only we have a thread on Braden Huck, and nobody is talking about him? He looks good to me too, but like I said college coaches know QB quality much better than us, and if he isn't getting offers even from the lesser colleges there, we have to defer to their judgment

8. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

After this last season, I would imagine they are looking for some heavy experience. One year under center is what Ty S has, only Ty did it in a power 5 conference in D-1 with a terrible OL, is much bigger and has much, much more potential. Not promoting Ty, but just pointing out Hucks has 1 year experience against much lesser talent. At that point and if they do not end up with miller, I would think a Hubenak or someone like that would be a better, more comfortable option.

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Swoopes proved that he is not the QB answer for the Horns last year.

10. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Isn't Swoopes better suited for a more "spread" offense based on his experience in high school and one year at UT before Strong/Watson took over? With the rumored change in style of offense, Texas should be better off than last year with 2 QBs on board (Swoopes and Heard) and more coming (Merrick and ?) that better match the new offensive scheme.