question re floyd death

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by huisache, Jun 9, 2020.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Last week I heard a summary of an interview with the former owner of the dance hall where George Floyd worked as a bouncer and he said that Floyd was a good hand but that another employee, who was in charge of security outside the building, was a longtime problem and had to be admonished on several occasions. That employee was Derek Chauvin.

Two questions I have: first, it would seem these two must have known each other. But I have seen no follow up on this matter. Have none of their fellow employees been interviewed to see if there was bad blood between them?

Second, in addition to the ex employer saying Chauvin was a problem of long standing, we have the report that Chauvin was the subject of more than a dozen Internal Affairs investigations and was sanctioned in some fashion on at least one of them. I have been involved with police in a professional manner for years and know that an IA investigation doesn't mean anybody did anything wrong but the thought has crossed my mind and been seconded by a retired cop friend that maybe the reason he was still on the force was because the Minneapolis cops may have a strong union. Local practice is for cops who get in troubled waters after long years of stressful service to get transferred to the property desk or ID or somesuch where they don't have to deal with a lot of the public in stressful situations. I dunno.

Anybody have any further insights? I think the interview summary from the ex employer was on NPR on their morning show.

2. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

3. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Kroll is a white supremacist Trumper, so he has the support of the “conservatives” on WM, right fellas?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LOL! What evidence is there that he's a white supremacist? Muh feelings! In all seriousness is it possible for someone to have a different opinion than you and not be a racist?

• Like Like x 2
  5. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Is it possible for you to call a cop with a “White Power” patch on his motorcycle jacket a racist?

jk. We know it’s not. And we know why.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Just because a left wing website said that doesn't make it so. Of course we're all racists here, right? LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

If you prefer a specific dog breed does that mean you have racist tendencies?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ha! Yeah, never trust a white dude with a Rhodesian ridgeback dog.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You're messing with the narrative. What journalist is going to dig too deeply into this? Right now the narrative is that Chauvin had a David Duke complex, that Floyd was a great guy, that Chauvin killed Floyd for no reason other than that Floyd was black, and that your average cop thinks like Chauvin and arbitrarily kills black men all the time. Guys like LongestHorn crap their pants and call you a racist if you take issue or have any doubts about any facet of that narrative even if your position is supported by evidence.

If you're a journalist and you dig into this, what if you find something out in these guys' histories that doesn't necessarily justify the killing but diminishes the dominant narrative? For example, what if Floyd banged Chauvin's wife or girlfriend? What if Floyd had previously assaulted Chauvin? That wouldn't justify the killing by any means, but it would undermine the narrative that racial animus drove Chauvin. Do you want to be the journalist who makes BLM, 99 percent of mainstream media, and almost all of social media look stupid? Most of these people think like LongestHorn does. You'll lose your career.

Somebody might look deeper into this, but it won't happen anytime soon and almost surely not before the election. For the time being, we're going to bask in righteous superficiality and ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

St. George was a petty criminal. He spent five years in the pokey for armed robbery. That crime involved a home invasion. He showed up at a lady's house and tried to talk his way in. When that didn't work, he pulled a gun and forced his way in. Once he gained access, his 4 buddies also charged in and ransacked the place. He also had multiple arrests for cocaine and other illegal drugs. If he moved to Minneapolis to get a "fresh start", it didn't work. He was passing counterfeit money, which led to the fatal incident.

The autopsy revealed that Floyd had fentanyl, an opioid many times more powerful than morphine, in his system, as well as traces of methamphetamine. It also revealed severe heart disease and COVID-19. Ann Coulter said that if Floyd was white, his death would have been attributed to COVID-19.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It has become very difficult to discuss Mr. Floyd's past without someone making racist accusations and saying criticizing Mr. Floyd is somehow praising the murderer

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Almost 17 years as the off duty on site police security and owner and co workers are now reporting friction between Chauvin and Floyd. Wire reporting so far and more investigation by DA office to come.

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin "bumped heads" while working at nightclub, former coworker says - CBS News

https://www.newsweek.com/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-nightclub-minneapolis-1509880

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin Were Once Co-Workers, Ex-Club Owner Tells TV Station

george floyd and derek chauvin worked together - Google Search

13. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

14. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Prediction: Chauvin is going to get off due to prosecutorial overreach and this whole thing is going to start over again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A. Floyd could have been a serial killer and it's irrelevant. He was in the care of the police and was not resisting. IF he was resisting, he was in cuffs so any knee in the neck should have only been to restrain. They had a duty to protect him once he was in their custody.
    B. It doesn't matter what Chauvin's motive might be. His actions were on camera. Whether he knew the guy or not is irrelevant.
    C. The racial issues relate to the pattern of brutality that is pretty plain to see.
    D. How did a scoundrel like Floyd get a job in security. According to Candace Owens, dude was the WORST!

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He was a bouncer, the cop was security. I doubt that place drug tested its employees.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

What Chauvin did was wrong and obviously a crime. Was it first degree murder? Someone might argue that their prior relationship could kick it up to first degree if Chauvin had it in for him.

But I also believe that the prior relationship somewhat neuters the racial aspect. You can impute that they didn't get along because Floyd was black or you could say they had a problem because their personalities didn't mesh. But the prior relationship somewhat taps down the idea that Chauvin just wanted to kill a black man; any black man.

But it's too late for that. ANTIFA is squatting on property within Seattle. People are being attacked if they don't come out in support of the Floyd protests. Every white person is scrambling to prove they aren't a racist because they know they will be labeled as such if they don't dance for the cause. A good man (Drew Brees) was attacked, even by LeBron James who apparently was bought and paid for by China (communist, human rights violating, despotic, polluting, bully of a nation; the enemy of the world). It's no longer sincere from that aspect. People were Metooing all day long. Now they are BLMing. There is so much narcissism and fadishness to it all.

Meanwhile, Chauvin will get his; as is my hope.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree.

It doesn't matter from a legal standpoint, but it very much matters from a political standpoint. And let's be honest. That's what people really care about. If he didn't kill Floyd for racial reasons but because of some kind of grudge, that is or certainly should be embarassing to those who are excusing or at least tolerating violence, talking about eliminating police departments, and excusing people supposedly spreading Coronavirus.

What pattern, and by whom?

I don't particularly care.

19. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

The narrative is...... RACISM because PIGS and 400 YEARS OF OPPRESSION.

Maybe its just Chauvin is a POS and had a grudge against his former POS coworker....

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

All the data says otherwise. For everyone 10,000 incidents where police got involved in a violent situation, 4 whites were killed vs 3 blacks were killed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Blacks make up 26% of the deaths but 12% of the population.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  22. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’ll remind you George Floyd held a pistol to a pregnant woman’s stomach as he robbed her home.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

As I said a few pages ago. So fuking what? He was in custody and in the care of the police. He did not deserve to die. Donald trump has done bad stuff but you guys have forgiven him. Did Floyd pay his debt to society? Did he change? It doesn’t matter. That cop had a duty to protect him once he took him into custody and to say anything more is ******.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m interested to read that analysis.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Then what about Philando Castille? Freddie grey? Aubrey? The sad thing is that nothing happens unless there’s video. Look at the Georgia shooting. Had that one dumbass not recorded the murder theyd have all gotten away with it.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Was it a pistol or a shotgun?

• Like Like x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And half the crime

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2