Question re: recruitment of Joe McKnight

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jt09, Jan 29, 2008.

1. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Did Joe McKnight ever take a visit to USC or did he sign w/o ever seeing the campus?

2. tigger

tigger 25+ Posts

Joe visited.

Wonder who that was driving Joe around New Orleans the week before signing day?

Pete maybe jumping ship at USC to the Redskins, the heat is turning up on USC over Bush, and that doesn't include the Matt stories out there that are easy to track down.

3. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I know about the Bush stuff, but did he ever actually visit the USC campus?

4. Clendon

Clendon 100+ Posts

McKnight made an official visit to USC a couple of weeks before Signing Day last year.

Clendon Ross, Co-Publisher
    InsideTexas.com

5. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

Rumor has it that McKnight was a silent verbal that commited to USC the previous summer and just waited to the last minute to commit to the Trojans.

6. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Thanks Clendon!

Any reason LSU and UF are still listed when everyone knows it's UT and CU?

7. Clendon

Clendon 100+ Posts

I just asked the database administrator to change that... it should be Texas, Colorado and UCLA. Those are the only schools Scott is talking to.

8. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Thanks again! Appreciate you!

9. john_h

john_h 100+ Posts

wasn't mcknight the recruit who had a phone conversation with reggie bush that never "officially" happened, because it would have been aganist the rules?

if i remember correctly, he said in an interview that he was talking to pete and pete brought reggie into a 3-way call. later, when told that this was a recruiting violation, his memory cleared up and he said that it never really happened that way.

suuuuuuuuure.

10. tigger

tigger 25+ Posts

Yes, he said it on signing day....

Then it was Bush was on the speaker phone with Pete and Joe talking to Pete on the cell phone.

Then it changed to Joe talking to Pete, then Pete talking to Bush and calling Joe back (ie 100% cover up.)

Wonder who was on Joe's speed dail at JTC, ask the students they will tell you.