Questions for a Lawyer... Help!!

Discussion in 'Horn Network' started by NativeTXchic, Nov 16, 2009.

1. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

I am wanting to find out who the lawyer was that probated my Dad's will. I am also wanting a copy of the will. My sister took care of it with the Executor, but she is not being cooperative. Any way I can find out this information? Please let me know here or through PM. Thank you!! I appreciate it!!!

2. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

If you know the county in which the will was probated, you can call the County Clerk and get the cause number. Or go to the courthouse and get a copy of the will itself. Generally costs about $1 per page if not certified. It's a matter of public record so you can have access.

3. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Or just call the County Clerk to find the cause number and ask who the lawyer was.

4. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

Thank you!!

5. Big Horn

Big Horn 100+ Posts

Some counties have probate cases online so you can see who the attorney is and some of what was filed. For a copy of the will or other documents, you will need to contact the county clerk. For probates filed after September 1, 2007 (I think, I do not have my probate code at home) under Section 128A of the Texas Probate Code, the executor is supposed to notify all heirs of the probate and send them a copy of the will.