Random Season News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Huston Tillotson is winning.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

<yawn>

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Aggy is voting
    They love online polls

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

They really seem to have an unhealthy fetish for them, don't they.

5. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Nothing says on line championships like Aggie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I gave this a "winner" rating. I have said for over 30 years that the problems at Baylor were at the top flowing downhill - cocaine, crack, steroids, covering up deaths (cremation within 24 hours & no autopsy). The Baylor board, the Baylor paid executives, KNEW!

Fan of Art Briles? Not exactly, but the guy knows football and can coach. He was thrown under the bus to help people "save face", when their faces are covered in ****. These problems existed before Briles arrived in Waco, but his success fanned the flames. Where are those board members now? Where are the administrators? Get inside Baylor and you'll find that a small handful of alums (almost all of whom were in schools together) controlled and ran things.

I said in the 90s, through the Briles scandal, and say now that these changes need to take place for Baylor to survive

1) Resignation of the entire board & all the administration.
    2) Bring Daniel Vestal in a Chancellor (Daniel is too principled to accept)
    3) Bring Randall O'Brien in as president
    4) Give Joel Gregory whatever job he wants

The faction running Baylor was so afraid of the conservative element of the Baptist Church taking over (see also Southwestern Theological Seminary & the lunch story) that they would do virtually anything to prove their way is better.

I am now sorry that I went against the conservative element when they wanted to prevent the establishment of a board of regents because I thought a BOR would prevent the exact thing that happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

They have internet in collie??

10. RainH2burntO

OK, quick....name the top 2 best selling jerseys in the NFL currently....
    (No cheating)

11. LonghornDave

Tom Brady

Sam Ehlinger?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Who cares?

• poop poop x 1
  13. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. LonghornCatholic

16. LonghornDave

[​IMG]

Brett McMurphy
    @Brett_McMurphy

If you’re keeping track, so far we have following “reports” *Kansas to Big 10 is imminent *West Virginia in official talks w/ACC * Louisiana Tech & Louisiana to Big 12 * FSU & Clemson officials contacted SEC about joining league * AAC will raid Big 12 I’m sure there were others

Is this even possible other than WV and Kansas?

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

If I'm any remaining Big XII team and I see this note, I'm desperately looking to find a new conference NOW to finish the destruction of the conference! If this is the best they can do, it says everything you need to know about why Texas and OU bolted to the SEC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

19. LonghornDave

But think about all the Bobby Booshay and Foosball references used at every game.
    Not to mention the annual "TEXLA TECH Wednesday Night Encounter" brought to you by the Hallmark Channel and My Pillow.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. LonghornCatholic

Both Louisiana Tech/Louisiana to Big XII and AAC raiding the Big XII, can’t be true.

21. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

this is reasonable. no more rescheduling. if you can't follow protocols and can;t field a team, you forfeit. Just seems kinda normal and fair.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RainH2burntO

Both #1 and #2 spots held by......

Tim Tebow

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. LonghornDave

I looked it up after I guessed (wrong). I have not watched the NFL in years but I really like Tebow. I almost bought an Eilinger jersey but I couldn't find one made out of cotton.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I heard a rumor that UT is delaying in school classes for 1 month

• poop poop x 2
  25. LonghornDave

Will tis affect attendance at football games in Austin and Fayettenam?

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No and no. Several times in the 60s football started before school. It could affect the Austin attendance by a few thousand, but the Pig People have been waiting a long time for this game, and that stadium ain't very big. That game could be played at 3 AM and still sell out. Biggest problem is there ain't that much private plane parking at XNA, and all the hangers belong to Johnny Tyson.

27. LonghornDave

SH
    I vaguely remember a game before school started when I was there 79-83. I think it may have been Arkansas in Austin. It was packed. My "real question is would UT or Arkansas limit attendance to the game because of Covid. Arkansas has a hospital problem right now and Houston is opening temporary Covid overflow shelters at three local hospitals. Wondering also because I have tickets to Texas v Arkansas and wonder if I should just buy a bigger TV and a kegerator?

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No announcement on website.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Johnny Tyson runs Arkansas and is a strong believer. If the Governor of Arkansas limits seating, he can kiss his political career goodbye.

I'm going to enter the enemy bunker and go eat at Herman's with a couple of friends. Wanted to stay at Carnall Hall, but I think that's asking too much. If it isn't a total dump, staying at the old Holiday Inn in Rogers might add to the nostalgia.

If you haven't been to XNA in a long time, it has really changed - lots of restaurants including chains.

• Like Like x 1
  30. LonghornDave

I was there for the Vince Young triumph. Loud as hell. Drenched with ice. Very unfriendly but the town was nicer than early 1980s by a lot. Had fun but was shocked we did not get the heck beat out of us. When I was in school we all hated Arkansas even more than Oklahoma.