Random Season News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Oct 11, 2018.

1. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

More like "Whoa Thats Funky"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

In that case we should have even better classes. NIL is about available money so as long as the pockets stay deep they'll keep coming.

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nah. Unlike aggy, Texas big money knows when to stop digging.

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 7
  5. everette

everette 250+ Posts

Congratulations to them both!

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

My daughter and wife are not happy. She calls him "her future husband" and my wife calls him "her future son in law". Last night my wife made the comment "ugh, she's not even that pretty". I get its a joke, but still all this fake drama and my daughter has never even met him.

Well, I guess I wouldn't be too upset if he were my son in law. :beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Let's all descend on Sam's in Fairfield to celebrate with Tony.

A few years back, my daughter & I stopped in there to eat, when Tony came in with some of his ranch hands. Those guys were huge. We shook hands and I asked him to give us a start on the buffet because I wasn't sure anything would be left when they got through.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Alright, i see some longhorn football players coming our way in about 18 years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Aaron and Sanya Richards Ross's son turns 5 this summer. Only 13 more years until that campus move-in day.

• Like Like x 5
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I was hoping they would have 10 or 12

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. LonghornCatholic

13. LonghornCatholic

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

15. LonghornCatholic

16. LonghornCatholic

F05CEF55-3FAE-4757-98F4-9BA5132D85CF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t know why they don’t wrap the helmet in a rubber ball like a 1970’s Afro.

18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

is that black in the vents going to stay like that? black "stripes" on the helmet?

19. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Sure beats those cheap Kelley football helmets from my high school football playing days. I would actually favor an all burnt orange helmet like the original helmets in the fifties. Just to use on special games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Plastic shell, a couple of rows of snap-in foam padding squares, plus separate foam pads for the earholes. We have come a long way in safety technology since my high school days, and that's a good thing.

21. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

:popcorn:I was always fond of the rope suspension and the rubber donut that went in the top. That is if you were lucky enough to get that added protection.
    Not to mention the ‘pacifier’ mouthpieces taken up at the end of the season, thrown in a wire basket that sat on a dusty shelf in a dark and damp dungeon until the following season. I can still taste them now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

23. LonghornCatholic

24. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

See, aggy is just as good as Georgia.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. RainH2burntO

With Caleb Williams now going to USC with Linc, the expected rumblings of "instant Heisman candidate" etc start rolling.
    Lol lol and lol
    Granted competition out there could make anyone look like a Hypesman....
    But yeah...
    Didn't look much like one in Norman and not sure why he'd be on anyone's list going into next season.
    Im sure he will look great vs 'Zona and Colorado
    If this sounds like a knock on him...it is to a degree...
    It really is more my frustration with the hypesman, the media and the totality of all that it has become

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

I still think LR is headed for a bit of a train wreck. He is talented but OU downgraded in the years he was there. He has never built a program and CW may start with hype that will quickly flame out after the first few gimme games. I may be wrong but we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. RainH2burntO

I never bought that LR hype. I will say he has downgraded competition out there and it may help them shine some....But I think he is more smooth and clever...a real good manipulator of things/circumstances and very opportunistic more so than some kind of football program genius. Not saying those skills cannot accomplish something in this modern football era....just saying I think there is something lacking there and he is overhyped. There's a reason he wanted to go West and not East...and he knows that shine he got with that fortunate QB run (though I give him some credit) along with OUs recruiting advantages was about to wear through some.
    He was about to be exposed...and to some degree...He has been already IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

It looks like OU is SEC-ready

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

College football just ain't what it used to be. A list like that with no Schnellenberger, Beamer or Erickson?

Ben Love used to quote "success without a successor is failure". Guess those guys are living proof.