Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mike is a great coach, constantly doing more with less, while developing talent.

Kinda makes me wonder what would have happened if DKR would have let Fred hire the coach that gave Mike his first job.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's still wrong...

4. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Gundy's resume says his first job was WR coach at OSU in '90. The HC was Pat Jones. Is that who you're referring to?

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No. Pat Jones couldn’t get assistants to take the jobs.

6. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

The OU team mom in action.

7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Now that my friends is a mullet!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Good article on ESPN college football about 50th anniversary of the wishbone even though it's written by Jake Trotter. Has a lot of quotes from Mike Leach on it's influenced him. I can't link with my phone but it's well worth the tme.

9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  10. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 3
  11. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 2
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

This is funny ... text book!

• Like Like x 4
  13. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

The black one may need to go to concussion protocol.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe Frank Denius was the second most decorated soldier in WWII and Medal of Honor recipient.

:hookem2: Great Longhorn, Great Texan, Great American :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  16. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

GOOOOOLLLLLLDBERRRRRGGGGGGG.....

17. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Do y'all think that the kick offs will become a thing of the past? I hope not ; that's an exciting part of the game. I think there is going to be a lot of fair catches in view of the new rule. 25 yard line is not a bad place to start. But I think fair catching will start to get boring and kick offs make become obsolete....but wait what about onside kicks. Still got to have those.:whiteflag:

18. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

An excellent take on the subject:

• Like Like x 1
  19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Billows of smoke in Columbus
    FWIW, Herman was out of there by 2015

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Knew about domestic abuse allegations? What does that matter? Is he supposed to spend time and energy on something that the legal system was already handling? "Meyers wife was included in a text chain so Urban knew". Who really cares? The guy was fired so arent they happy?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Could be a Title IX violation

23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

How's a coach being accused of something a Title IX violation? Because it should have been reported somewhere and wasnt? Seems to me it should be between the accused and whomever should be notified.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Part of Title IX is interpreted to define discrimination on the basis of sex to include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funding may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities

• Like Like x 1
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HE ******* LIED ABOUT IT! When he was questioned,, just like he lied about Hernandez. Urban Myth is only lying when he is talking or thinking.

And, yes, it is a Title IX violation to know and not report if the school receives federal money.

Myth has ascended to the throne of biggest piece of **** in college coaching, a title he will likely hold unless Schnellenberger, Erickson, Pelini, Beamer return to D-1 coaching

• Like Like x 1
  26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ohio State has put Meyer on administrative leave

• Like Like x 1
  27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

You forgot Switzer & Sherrill, but other than those yes.

• Like Like x 1
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No I didn't. I don't consider either of them in the same category as those listed; but for that matter, I hold Barry in much higher esteem than any of those including Jackie.

29. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i want to superduper like this

• Like Like x 1
  30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

1 the guy was fired when a new allegation became public and it mattered from a PR perspective
    2 leadership needs to be proactive to address abuse allegations. if they knew years ago, and the coach was able to go along about his business, it matters.
    3 there is the potential that the school/program minimized abuse so they could be successful at football.

we'll see