Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 1
  6. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  7. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

For some reason that's not all that surprising to me.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rings a bell

10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

12. LonghornCatholic

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

So dumbass Bowelsby just guaranteed that the worthless as tits on a boat hog conference championship game will continue for another 5-10 years unless the schools already bleeding cash agree to buyout ABC’s rights.

Just ******* brilliant.

14. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Bowlsby wouldn't know if tits were worthless, or on a hog, even if he were motorboating them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bummer, now there’re be another game or two I cannot see because cable in Houston doesn’t get LHN and ESPN+ is ‘extra’. BS

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sure it does

17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not Xfinity in Katy.

18. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

AT&T, Spectrum, and DirecTV all have it. And a couple of the streaming live TV services.

19. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I'm using Playstation Vue right now.
    All sports networks are available including LHN.

20. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is TFB on how to replace Floyd

" .... Texas currently has only four scholarship players for their two true Linebacker positions. Dele Adeoye and Jeffrey McCulloch are the starters at MAC and ROVER, respectively. Caleb Johnson is cross-training at MAC and ROVER, while Marcus Tillman is working primarily at ROVER. McCulloch, is the only one that has any experience starting at the collegiate level.

Where are the answers going to come from? My answer is simple: David Gbenda.

Gbenda was a consensus 4-star recruit across the three major publications. Yet somehow, he is often a forgotten man by fans and those that follow the team when discussing the 2019 recruiting class. Maybe it is due to him being part of a class that included four LBs, three of which were able to enroll in the spring from out of state (Floyd, Johnson, Tillman).

He is a low-profile guy, that doesn’t care for the spotlight or a ton of attention. He verbally committed to Texas on September 30 of last year after having his mind made up and keeping it under wraps for a while.

Don’t let the quiet demeanor fool you. This is a very bad man on the football field that is a tackling machine. He was the top option available at the Inside LB position in-state last cycle and he is a tremendous fit for the style that is played in the Big XII with his athleticism and comfort playing in space. I’m expecting Gbenda to come in and be a standout on special teams early, before earning snaps on the defensive side of the ball as the season takes shape, especially on third downs and in obvious passing situations.

I remember Gbenda being a very pleasant surprise for myself when I was watching the Under Armour game back in January. I knew he could run, but I was impressed with how well put together he looked and how physical he was while competing against the nation’s best. After a full week of practices, it was Gbenda that was the selected to be the starting Mike for his team instead of some of his higher rated teammates. That should tell you a little something about the young man.

The first 35 seconds of the video below give you a look at Gbenda against some of the nation’s best a few months ago.

Open Post | Weekend, April 12th - 14th - The Football Brainiacs - UT Edition

• Like Like x 1
  23. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 3
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

"... to see how Texas operates its pre-game environment."

After putting on my read-between-the-lines glasses this report says: "A group of 'Jack' Mormans from BYU go to Austin to enjoy some hedonistic pre-game drinking (of both caffeinated beverages and alcohol) and lustful viewing of gorgeous women."

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  30. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Home and home with Florida in the works

• Like Like x 5