Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Did not want to wear him out running patterns that the QB either wasn't looking at or decided he could not make the throw.

2. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Well, he is supposed to be the slot reciever this year so get ready! His number will be called ALOT!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

If he indeed was most often not on the field until we got down to the 20 or so, that could be a big part of the "no 50+ yard TDs" stat that I keep seeing for 2018 Texas.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here are a few more things floating around out there abut our LB situation.
    -- The two starters we are certain of are sophomore Ossai and senior McCulloch
    -- RS freshman Ayodele Adeoye will probably start against certain styled offenses
    -- True freshman Marcus Tillman will play and might be starting this season. He's a quick learner.
    -- Coaches like true freshman David Gbenda too but he was not an EE so is a little further behind Tillman
    -- One of the JUCOs could also show up - Juwan Mitchell or Caleb Johnson. Both been here since Jan but Johnson has been recovering from a shoulder injury

For the future
    -- Apparently our coaches still think DeGabriel Floyd, who was penciled in to be the other starter this season, might be able to play next year. We will see about that
    -- If sophomore DeMarvion Overshown can stay healthy, he might end up at LB
    -- True freshman Tyler Owens is also a potential candidate for the same roll down in the future
    -- One of 2020 commits Jalen Hullaby and Ja'Quinden Jackson could also become a LB
    -- We are also supposed to have another 2020 lined up who may be a JUCO or maybe committed to another team right now, who is good and who we think we can land. But we are closely guarding the details

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Lil J for the Saints

You don’t arm tackle this dude

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He may be slow, but if you cannot tackle him it doesn't matter. He keeps that up and everyone will see that the Saints stole him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

RIP Darryl Drake

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

TXHSFB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some encouraging quotes from the coach regarding some of our new LBs

LB Marcus Tillman: “He’s got a ton of energy, flies around, doesn’t take plays off. It’s going to be fun to watch his development over this training camp, this season, and over the course of his career.”

LB Juwan Mitchell “has a knack for the ball”
    LB Caleb Johnson “can really run.”
    “For them it’s still just speed of the game, assignment.”

• Like Like x 4
  13. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Jerry will be nutty enough to give it to him

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Take the 40, divide it into 2 hungry RBs, 2 WRs, a few linemen, and go buy a good college QB. Can the Cowboys be any worse?

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Jerry's problem is Ahole Zeke wants 40 also and Cooper wants 30-35.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  17. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I pooped on Celina's facilities because that's taxpayer money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

4th?
    I thought in Texas no state funds could be used to build athletic facilities.
    They are paid for by voter approved bonds

19. 4th_floor

And the voter approved bonds are paid by taxpayers. Sometimes stupid taxpayers, but taxpayers nonetheless. Do you think everyone who lives in Katy ISD likes paying for the $70 million stadium? But it's for the chiiiillllldddddruuuunnnn!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

May I refer you to Crosby ISD?

Katy is a different story. District is largely damn fur-in-ners moved in from God knows where. Thankfully the Katy School Board is still controlled by the old rice farmers.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

4th
    I understand but it is taxpayers IN the school district, not me or anyone not living in that district.
    and it is an election. So those who don't want it should get out and campaign against it with good explanations and reasons not to vote for a bond.

22. 4th_floor

You are completely correct Horn6721. It's a voluntary tax (bond) that was approved by a majority of the people who bothered to vote. My issue is how the votes are scheduled, generally without anything else major on the ballot and not on a regular election day, and how the school resources are used to campaign for the bonds. For example, when I lived in a different town a few years back, there was a primary election in March, but the particular school bond election was on an odd weekend in April. Nothing else was on the ballot. Information on the election was biased - "it's for the children" - even though it was something that only affected a small number of kids. The school district used school time to campaign to school employees and give employees instructions to campaign for the bond. Any group that tried to provide a counter to the school campaign was demonized. In my experience, this is typical and it's a rare event when a school bond is defeated, regardless of the merits of the bond.

You or someone else mentioned Crosby ISD. I looked at the stories about their financial problems. All of their spending was legal. But why would voters approve many millions of dollars in spending for a medium sized school district who couldn't afford such spending?

I apologize in advance for the political discussion. I won't respond to further posts on this topic on this forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Surprise scholarship announcements are so cool

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dion
    So great.:bevo::headbang:
    do you know who they are?

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That Humphrey NFL highlight looks like he's playing against the Oklahoma defense.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Only 600 Texas season tickets remain.
    The cutoff is 63,000.
    Beats all previous school ticket records.

• Like Like x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Another Aggy talking point down the tubes.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 11.38.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 11.36.24 AM.png

• Like Like x 4
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow Hine was squad. Anyone willing to pay their own way to just be practice players deserves a schollie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2