Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Oct 11, 2018.
Why are both teams wearing red? More stupid than the less than clear officiating. Of course the catcher and pitcher are most at fault.
100% on the catcher. He knows the batter is not out, but deciders to stuff the ball in his pocket and celebrate. He even looked to first, but did not complete the play. Bizarre.
The PAC-12 became a dead man walking when SC and UCLA walked.
This is interesting in that Arizona and ASU are again going in different directions (unless ASU wasn't ready to announce its move to the Big XII).
Yeah I was surprised ASU wasn’t in the mix.
Absolutely! The PAC-12 revolved around USC - if you don't believe it, just ask them!
One of my best friends is an SC grad. I think he would agree (begrudgingly).
Not in favor of any rules promoting ‘boys’ in girls sports, but several other items with which I disagree.
There is an old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
UIL's version of that is, "if it ain't broke, we can break it"
I just thought the Buna Mafia was bad, but this new crew seems set on bastardization of everything.
The proposal of sons not playing for their fathers should be branded the "Bob McQueen Rule" or the "Brett Stafford Rule"
Or just the A**hole rule.
1. And why not? Why not allow cheerleaders at basically anything and everything they and the school want them to attend? A limit on how many games they have to attend, that might make sense.
2. I'm OK with this rule. Does anyone like the sound of those things?
3. Sure, why not? I'm surprised men's volleyball isn't already a thing.
4. Seems a little odd, but makes sense. You can hold camps in June instead. You certainly shouldn't have training go on all summer, and it makes sense to omit the hottest month.
5. Sure, I guess.
6. Nah. Give them their own team.
1. The cheerleader decision should be up to the schools on which bb games to attend.
2. Train horns only belong on trains and emergency vehicles, nothing else, that includes you TCU!
3. I would agree with having boys volleyball, table tennis? Seriously?
4. No organized high school athletic activity in July, no problem with that one.
5. Coaches should coach the one Texas coaches all star games and that is it. When did 7 on 7 become anything other than just a summer get together. Does it need to be organized and with coaches? Nope.They can just practice like we did in the summer as friends playing sandlot ball.
6. Boys on girls volleyball teams? Well then it would be boys volleyball, crazy to even list it.
7. On coaches not coaching their sons.
I would agree that if a “head” coach’s son was getting special or preferred treatment, then they should have a rule for fairness, but that is it.
The rest of the proposed changes are reasonable.
3 it is a thing in other states. find out where our olympic guys are from and those states have high school and college men's volleyball. no ping pong...it's ping pong...calling it tennis doesn't not make it ping pong. pickleball on the other hand.
6 if 3 is a yes, then 6 is unneeded.
We had a friend who was a volleyball All America team member from NAU. He went on to do the finances for USA Volleyball. The men's game makes the women's one look like slow motion, but I guess that could be said about pretty much any sport.
I'm cool with table tennis too. The skill required to be good at it is insane.
Train horns: those of you who went to one of these schools... why?
The cheerleaders at basketball games thing is probably referring to some notable "instances" from the past couple seasons (i.e. fights), but I doubt it will pass.
I'd like to see what Item L is (regarding batters in softball and baseball). UIL already kind of has funky rules for those.
Toothless Chihuahuas talking tough again…NCAA's lack of NIL pay framework a 'big mistake'
247 had two team notes today...
- Sark has been working with the new special assistants on implementing an updated signals system for calling plays from the sideline. There were concerns after last season that a few teams, particularly Alabama and TCU, knew what was coming in certain situations. Chryst, DeCamillis and Saadat watched film and were able to confirm those suspicions.
- we shouldn't be seeing much of the jumbo package this year where the offense brings in an OL to be a blocking tight end like Andrej Karic did last year. The reason for that is the coaches wanting an extra WR on the field due to that room being so deep right now.
The reason for this is to get Red on the field. Otherwise, he is going to kill every ************ who is blocking his way from getting on the field and scoring TD’s.
That formation was ******* killer against OU, but then again, what DIDN'T work against them in 2023?
Then why weren't the coaches of those teams suspended for stealing signs?
Oh wait! All teams are equal, but some are more equal than others.
I wish they had not named the schools. It would have been better imo to just have it a blanket statement.
Since both beat Texas it might be considered sour grapes
Geez Texas athletics have been so phenomenal this year what the heck has Stanford done that they are ahead?
Their tiddlywinks team won the NCAA championship. We don't field that team.
The overriding issue is Standord's placing in sports that Texas does not compete in. While both Texas Tennis teams finished lower than last year, the specific comparative issue (leaving out the current baseball super regional results), is the pitful effort for the Texas Men's T&F (13th) compared to the Stanford Men's T&F (3rd).