random thoughts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Pomspoms, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I thought Gilbert and Mattox did a great job for us last year despite the record. It wouldn't bother me if they were still with us. there were some occasions i didn't like the play call but what do you expect is going to happen when they are playing at 100 miles an hour....I am still amazed at 3-star Donta Foreman's performance last season. Before last year we were having trouble getting 1000 yard rushers. The quietest 2000 yard rusher in the history of football on a major program. I wish he was coming back because he deserves a whole lot of fanfare. Wish him well in the pros.
    One thing i would do is make stars out of duvernay and c. johnson. Johnson should average 80 catches and 20 touchdowns every year for the rest of his college career. Buchelle and Johnson could be a great combination like Mccoy and cosby or shipley. I don't know if they or roommates or not but....All we need to do is get some open space for duvernay. put him in motion alot. how about some end arounds. I see a lot of wins this year providing our kicker is consistent. Yes our team will be better than it has in a long time. we are solid in every area though we could use some qb depth but then again we do have Heard to help out there. He has produced wonderfully before.
    About our defense i think they are going to be fast and furious and not so porous. And i think our coaching staff is better with the possible exception of oc and line coach but our new oc and line coaches just need time to prove themselves. gotta run

• Like Like x 2