Random West Mall Postings

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Chop, Dec 14, 2023.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Deez,
    Do you get same commercials as we do over here? Wife wondered and commented if so how stupid they must think that we are.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Catholic like Sarkisian

lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I muted and largely ignored the ads, but they didn't look American to me.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hmmm, intention how without dialogue how you could tell if American or not. The idiocy of our commercials has long been a source of personal amusement and bewilderment to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I hope he actually said this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Everybody still trust the polls showing that Trump is ahead?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I believe Trump is ahead in reality but if Ronna keeps running elections like it's 1980 we're in trouble. Yes, this problem will continue post-Trump if it doesn't change but he's become a scapegoat for the RNC problems.

Santos and Zeldin both won this district as hardcore MAGA. Maybe running a RINO who was still a registered democrat wasn't a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Are you thinking about applying?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

"It's a great business to be in, central banking. We print money and people believe it."

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

They are all guilty of counterfeiting. They belong in jail.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ronna is gone, and Trump is going to get to pick someone else. I hope whoever the replacement is will push mail-in balloting in states that do it. No reason to give that advantage to Democrats like we have the last two election cycles.

I don't blame Trump for this particular loss (and you know I will blame him when I think he is responsible). He didn't pick the candidate, and the candidate ran away from him. I'm not really sure that anyone could have held that seat this year.

We won it in a perfect storm. The red wave didn't show up nationwide, but it mostly did show up in NY. We had a strong and relentless gubernatorial candidate at the top who won the district and did as well as a Republican can do statewide in NY. And as much as we give Santos **** (and justifiably so), he was a strong candidate in '22. He was MAGA, but he was queer and socially moderate. He was able to get socially liberal white people who don't like crime to vote for him without losing MAGA support.

We don't have that perfect storm now. It's not a midterm election. There is no Lee Zeldin at the top of the ticket relentlessly attacking the Democrats for their atrocious record on violent crime. We didn't have a candidate with Santos's appeal. It was going to make holding a D-leaning seat a pretty big challenge (even if Santos had been able to run without scandal).

Having said that, I do worry about our underperformance in the polls. It wasn't just the Santos seat. We sucked nuts in pretty much every race.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

As some have speculated that waiting to vote on election day cost us dearly. The dems voted early and then the snowstorm hit on election day and people stayed home.

One thing I'm seeing from conservative pollsters is how concerned they are that republican candidates are running behind Trump in polling for 2024 because people are sick of the RINOs. This thought process of staying home or just voting for Trump and not voting the down ballot is stupid. You know me and how and how much I hate the establishment of our party but we can't afford to cut our own throats like this.

This border deal will fail thanks to Mike Johnson but the deal angered the populist faction badly. I hope it doesn't show in the 2024 election.

I'll give you credit that you were right about the National Review for standing up against the border deal. Good for them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You mean in the part of the world where they worship "Royalty"? Yeah...America has a monopoly on stupid.

15. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Maybe not a monopoly but WE'RE NUMBER ONE! USA!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I hope it shows up in primaries asap.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's plenty of stupidity here. I drank a milkshake tonight through a friggin' paper straw tonight. It doesn't get much stupider than that.

And if you think the GOP is weak, try the Tories here. They are atrocious almost across the board, and they freeze out the few of thing who are pretty good. A guy like John McCain would look like friggin Ted Cruz or Marjorie Taylor Green over here. They're probably going to get thrown out in the next election. They'll be replaced with people (Labour) who are much worse, but they will very much deserve the ***-whipping that they get.

18. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Biden beat Trump by 10 points in this district. You left that detail out so I took it upon myself to add it. This was not an upset. Also, watching fox, Newsmax all day the turnout was ridiculous low.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It wasn't an upset, but we did worse than in the last election. It also wasn't the only election. We underperformed in other races as well like the Mobilhoma state legislative race. Couple it with a weak 2022 election and almost across the board flops in special elections since '20, and it does seem that we are underperforming the polls and have been since '20. We can't ignore that fact going into November.

We need to figure out why and how we can fix it. I would start with GOTV. Dems have clearly mastered it, and we've been lagging. It's time to get caught up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ridiculously low beyond the weather excuse.

21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep, but don’t hold your breath. Don’t know if we simply believe the polls when they are positive and don’t show up, or just don’t show up due to apathy, but we have definitely got problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I once heard Dick Morris say that about 5 percent of voters fully intending to vote on Election Day no-show because of various reasons - illness, forgetfullness, car trouble, etc. Back when both parties were focused primarily on Election Day GOTV, that 5 percent cancelled itself out because it impacted both about the same. However, Dems aren't pushing that anymore. They're pushing early voting and voting by mail whenever possible, while we're still farting around with telling people to show up on Election Day. So we're getting that 5 percent lag, and the Dems are not. I don't like mail-in balloting, but in states that allow it, we need to push it hard. There's no upside to not doing so. In states that do early voting, we need to push it hard. We can't afford to leave any votes on the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Pat Buchanan was right. Even in 1938 mistakes were made.

[​IMG]

26. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

More than half of what’s wrong with the world today can be traced back to Nietzsche.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2