Randy Moss hit with Restraining Order?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mandingo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

2. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

It's been taken down.

3. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

I was going to say, first time he got hit this season. But it may not be him.

4. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

On another note, is there anyway that there is another Adam P Jones that likes to throw down at tittybars? Do we know for sure it was him?

5. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Moss is a dumbass.

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I saw an in depth story on it and it looks like it could be some crazy woman trying to extort money from Moss. Supposedly she wanted "six figures", or she would go to the media. He claims she hurt herself in an accident.

I am far from a Moss (the person) admirer, but this whole thing sounds a little fishy.

7. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

moss is clearly not perfect, but after seeing him interviewed about the situation, i found myself somewhat believing him. he seems credible. i could be very wrong.

8. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

Innocent until proven guilty. I hate Moss, but the situation is fishy, indeed.

He has a prior record on such things from 1996, but the timing and the prospect of 6 figures being requested makes it very suspicious.

9. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Slight tangent....

Why do people title threads like this? It's not a question. All day Thursday this was the top breaking news story on every sports website, led most sports radio updates, was at the top (or near top) of SportsCenter. It's not a question at all, he WAS hit w/ a RO.

10. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

I've kept track of it and it sounds like extortion to me. Had this been before the Duke rape case, Moss would probably be crucified right now before even knowing what really happened.

Sorry, but someone hurting their hand and not even having something show up on X-Rays doesn't deserve $500,000.00 and threatening someone saying they have 'dirt' on you doesn't make it look any better.

11. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

We do not know enough yet. Her lawyer has come out and said that it was Moss who contacted her about a 6-figure settlement, not the other way around.

12. zsubnot

zsubnot 100+ Posts

Another slight tangent. "Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply in civil situations (like this would most likely be since the criminal issue would be a very minor felony or severe misdemeanor at best). Thus, Moss is theoretically guilty until he presents some evidence (by preponderance) once the accuser presents enough evidence to create a prima facie case of assault or whatever her eventual allegation is.

However, as much as i hate moss, this timing is so fishy...

13. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

14. 2feathers

2feathers 250+ Posts

Criminal = beyond a reasonable doubt

Civil = preponderance of evidence = more likely than not = at least 51% likely

15. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

In reply to:

16. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

17. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I did read the story, and I stand by my original question. It was a legit question that could have been answered w/o you losing your mind. Congrats on being "right" and "in on the story" early. Keep it up Mr. Murrow.

18. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

LOL.

Don't call out people's posts w/o reading/thinking if you don't want people to call you on it.

19. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts