Rangers Magic Number

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Horn69, Jun 14, 2012.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Time to rant:

OMG zealots! I too have a BAD feeling about this last game today!

1st place for what, 161 games?... 13 game lead over A's at the break. 4 game lead with 6 games left in the regular season and the A's catch us. I sense big loss of momentum, mojo, cold bats except for Beltre, a worn out bullpen and tired arms.... a bad receipe going into the playoffs - regardless if it is as a wildcard, which I fear with Dempster pitching this PM, or limping in as the winner of the division.

How did it come down to this - I am not only "uphauled" but shocked and chagrined.

I guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue!

I am so looking forward to going to the UT vs. WVA game this weekend I can forget about whatever happens to the R's for 24 hours.

[​IMG]

2. WorsterMan

Scotty - this is the 1968 backfield: #25 HB is Chris Gilbert between Street & Woo-Woo. #24 on the end is HB Ted Koy - brother Ernie Koy Jr. was FB & punter on the '64 UT team that beat 'Bama in the Orange Bowl. Ernie Koy Sr. was a star at UT in the '30's.

FWIW, in 1969 - #35 Soph. HB Jim Bertlesen replaced Gilbert who graduated in '68.

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Have to admit I am with Danno, this feels like game seven last year, A's have all the momentum, the Rangers just have fallen apart this past week and the baseball gods seem to have it in for us too with the A's coming back on Saturday against Seattle and the blown game aginst the Angels on Sunday. I am flying back Friday for the WVU game and just about guarantee that will be when Rangers have to travel to Baltimore to play [​IMG]

Oh well I keep saying that given all the injuries to the pitching staff and how bad our five hole has been, getting Dempster was the management move of the year across baseball, today we will see if that holds true.

One last time for Regular season

LETS GO RANGERS! [​IMG]

4. WorsterMan

Well it is almost nut cutting time... I am almost holding my breath about this game. Me and some guys at work are going to get the flat screen in the break room on in a few minutes. I skipped lunch so I could at least watch the first hour or so of the game... R's better get it done!

5. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Woo, I"ve gone straight to the Rally Cap....and cold beer. [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

6. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I'm pretty sure they're trying to pitch around Beltre every time, except they hung one. Nice to see a RISP hit! Let's go Rangers!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

7. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Rangers hitting opposite field...Young hits RF chalk - finally a break for Rangers. 2-1 good guys. Let's go Rangers!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

8. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

WOO-HOO! Murphy with 2-RBI single to RC. R's 4-1. Let's go Rangers! Should be getting into their tired bullpen today.

Catcher just dropped pop up. Instead of 3rd out. 1st and 3rd for Soto - and he gets hit!!!!!!!!!!! 5-1. Made em pay!!!

Hook'em!!!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

9. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

Murph! Murph! Murph!

4-1 good guys. Hoping the pitching holds up for us [​IMG]

10. WorsterMan

4-1 Murphy is so damn clutch! [​IMG]

11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Now that is how you attack a rookie pitcher. 5-1 after 2 and 1/2 innings. Not over by a long stretch but lets hope that is the start of a big offensive day for the Rangers!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Just missed. Beltre single, Cruz double off wall, but hit so quick no chance for Beltre to score. Young hits ROCKET to first but caught by Moss for 3rd out. Still 5-1 going B4. Let's go Rangers!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

13. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

I'm still disappointed that it came down to one game, but it sure is nice to clock the A's in front of their first sellout in years [​IMG] ...Maybe it will let some air outta that balloon of theirs & they'll back up in the playoffs

14. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

And just like that Dempster's in the dumpster. 5-3 2 on ZERO outs; Holland in from the pen.

Let's go Rangers!!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

15. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

It's gona be a looong day for both teams Pens.

16. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

17. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

THought Holland was going to get out of it. Gets # 8 and 9...but Coco catches chalk. New game 5-5. Drew asks for time doesn't get it 2-2 count; proceeds to walk on close 3-2 pitch.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

18. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

19. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Oh my god. [​IMG]

20. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

Might be a good opportunity to sit the "A" bullpen the rest of the way. Looks like we have a game Friday.

21. Hook 'Em Danno

^^^ This. Stick a fork in 'em. They're done (today and Friday).

22. WorsterMan

6 runs in that inning and we're down 7-5... this game is already a dumpster fire! [​IMG]

23. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So angry right now, just cant watch anymore. [​IMG]

24. WorsterMan

Rangers are crushing my soul... I am so disgusted. I am leaving the office now to go home and start drinking heavily... stay thirsty my friends [​IMG]

25. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

This season sure swerved out of control, late. In June, Oakland was 13 games back. Think about that. 13 games back, on June 30.

Now we're down a game of winner takes all & tanking even more.... Embarrassing.

If sports betting were legal here I'd have put 5 figures on us taking the West in mid September. Good for me, there's only horses to bet here.

26. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

27. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

microcosm of this past week and a half, first two get on both in scoring position and a grounder and two strike outs fail to score either.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. Hook 'Em Danno

Man, this team really sucks right now. Still can't believe what I'm seeing.

30. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Pack your bags for Baltimore.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]