Rangers Minor League System

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by matt8209, May 17, 2009.

1. matt8209

matt8209 100+ Posts

Can anyone list the top players in the farm system and how they are doing this season so far.

2. Redbandito

Redbandito < 25 Posts

Feliz top pitching prospect. Justin Smoak top fielding prospect. Both have superstar potential. And both will be with the big league team by next year, with the potential for action this year.

3. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

4. hookemcmw

hookemcmw 100+ Posts

Looks like some of our recent draft picks are having a really rough go of it lately with:

N. Perez
    B. Beavan
    J. Borbon
    M. Ramirez
    M. Main

Where is part 3 of DVD these days? Not doing well in the majors like his "untouchable" counterparts....Where is Adrian Gonzalez?...of leading the NL in homers....

Though its hard to complain right now as a Rangers fan....just would be nice to have Ad. Gonzalez at 1st right now or at DH

5. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

Thomas Diamond is listed as "off this week," meaning off the Top 20 this week. I don't think he is currently pitching anywhere in the minors. I believe he had Tommy John surgery, but I could be mistaken. I think the surgery was successful and he is rehabbing.

6. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

TD is in Frisco, but I think he's on the DL.

7. spystud13

spystud13 250+ Posts

Diamond pitched Monday for Frisco, but his season #s at two stops are far from impressive... Hope he gets right.

8. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Feliz was off to a rough start, but then took off 11 days to rest his shoulder and gave up one hit and struck out 7 in 5 innings his only start since then. He should pitch the next day or two, hopefully the time off will do the trick. Ideally he gets on a roll over the next month or so and then joins Holland in the "now in the bullpen, soon to be a starter this year or next" role...

9. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

So...when is Dustin Majewski finally going to get out of AA?

10. spystud13

spystud13 250+ Posts

Dustin's hurt right now, hasn't played since Apr 21, not sure what his injury is. Not looking good to be almost 28 & still in AA... Good luck!

11. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

Check out Jamey Newberg's site. He is the guru of Rangers minor league baseball.

Newberg Report