RANKED: The 32 Best College Quarterbacks of All-Time

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bck031, Apr 30, 2019.

1. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

From the article

1. Tim Tebow, FL
    2. Marcus Mariota, OR :rolleyes1: lol wut?
    3. VY
    4. Tommie Frazier, NEB
    5. Matt Leinart, USC
    6. Cam Newton, AUB
    7. A.J. McCarron, AL
    8. Peyton Manning, TN
    9. Roger Staubach, Navy
    10. Davey O’Brien, TCU
    18. Colt

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I thought Colt would be up higher. Agree with VY.

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Thanks for posting the top 10 and Colt ranking... didn't want to grind through all those pages and adds to see the other names.

I think many of us would put VY in front of Tebow (I would) and especially in front of Mariota.

Agree with Joe, I thought Colt should have been ranked higher... might have been if he had stayed in the game and the Horns prevailed over the tide.

Thought Bobby Layne should have made the list....

Riddle me this, did Bucky Richardson make the list?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  5. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

VY was a better QB than Tebow but Tebow was a great leader.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

True, and two nattys plus a Heisman puts Tebow in rare air, but I agree that VY was a better QB and certainly much harder to defend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

We still laugh about how nervous we'd get when the ags would start to run the ball with Darren Lewis and Robert Wilson --- but be SO glad when Bucky dropped back to pass. :lmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Nope! But JFF did at #16. Didn't see the Murray the magical midget either, thank God. Must be only for guys that played more than one season.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What a crap list? What mormon temple does the author belong to?

Any list that does not include Sammy Baugh and Bobby Layne, is flushable. James Street and Jack Mildren were both better than a bunch of those guys. Laugh all you want, but playing the creampuff schedule of BYU, all four of these would have put up huge numbers when allowed to throw. Hell, Marvin Krystinik (sp) could have put up Hype$man numbers against the swiss cheese defenses BYU played.

The rest is subject to the authors whims and lack of justification.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I was a big Mariota fan but he's not #2. And AJ McCarron shouldn't make the top 25 much less the top 10.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Testaverde belongs on that list.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Vinny Green balls? You must be joking.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Correct

14. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Marioto above VY makes zero sense. I get the Tebow sentiment but noway to Marioto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

VY is usually ranked the best dual threat QB of all time, depends on the list. Tommie Frazier and VY a little under rated. Marcus Marriota, over rated. I really loved that *** hat picture of JFF they showed. Classic. I agree with Tim Tebow number 1. He's a class act too.

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i'm ok with Tebow. i'm not with Mariota.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Klingler deserves some consideration.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

David is fine man, but in a word "NO".

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Andre Ware too maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Ware was on the list, if I remember it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No. 27

I guess this list was put together by some geek who forgot that "all time" means the entirety of the 149 years of college ball. No one after #20 deserves to be on the list if the list if - Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh, Bobby Lane, Jack Mildren, J.C. Watts, and James Street - are not included somewhere.

22. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I've grown weary of all these lists and Mt. Rushmore crap. This particular one doesn't include Archie Manning but does have Colt Brennan and Case Keenam. That's all you need to know.

About 10 years ago ESPN came out with a top 25 greatest of all-time list. A few one platoon guys but mostly players who only played offense. You never see Dick Butkus, George Webster, Hugh Green, Lee Roy Selmon and countless others. It's a shame.

23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I have a hard time with this too because football is a different game than it was back then. If Manning was ported into today's offenses would he have produced the same or more? I thinks so? He only completed 52% of his career attempts and only threw about 26 times a game. Passing offenses were just starting to evolve back then. Its really hard to compare, but I'll say physically he and his sons look about the same so I have no reason to believe with the same training, coaching and offensive style he wouldn't perform similarly.

24. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I would not include AJ McCarron, Under Ware, Jason White or any Hawaii quarterback. I would include Eric Crouch and Joe Namath. Jake Plummer would be a maybe compared to some of those listed. As mentioned above, no Sammy Baugh or Bobby Layne is laughable.

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Archie Manning also played for a terrible team without much of a supporting cast. (As a pro)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  26. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Not sure why anyone here is taking NewArena seriously. All they do is pay $20 for freelance articles and there's a bunch of 19-year-old kids who want to say they've been "published" by making dumb lists on a website no one visits. Of course he put guys like Mariota and McCarron up high... otherwise no one would read it.