RB Bergeron to miss rest of Spring practice

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HornSwoggler, Apr 7, 2014.

1. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

joe-bergeron-texas-longhorns-miss-spring-practice

UT needs Bergeron in good standing and shape going into the Fall with Gray recovering from an Achilles injury.

I like that Strong is stressing academics and not letting things get too far gone before taking action.

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure rivals will jump on this one but the point is he didn't get suspended or flunk a class, he's just having some struggles and taking a bit of time off to work on them is appropriate.

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Program of high values and priorities.

In 1925 manuscript, published in 1928, Napoleon Hill put down these principles as a Law of Success, among others....

A Definite Purpose -- clearly defined, definiteness of purpose
    Action -- a clear plan for carrying it out
    Self-Control -- opposite of wishy washy; mentally tough to get the job done
    Initiative and Leadership -- the manner and will to carry it out, and with a team effort
    Habit of performing more service than paid for

That last one is same as "You don't get something for nothing." You pay for what you get. You don't slide. You gain more by-- in the moment-- the attitude that you've going to give more than you're getting. It's putting values into a Life Bank that will return the same, with dividends.

Charlie is running a program of maximizing known values of life that build and grow and pay dividends. If it translates to wins on the field and admirable W-L seasons, then it's a winning program top to bottom.

4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sorry that Joe B. is having problems academically. But am very happy Coach Strong has mandated that Joe focus on getting his grades back on track.

Joe, like 99% of these young men, is not going to make a living in the pros. He needs a degree to help him make it in a tough world. And he has been re directed toward that. Now our football team needs him too. He is talented and can help us.

If Joe responds well to this intervention, that will speak well of him, and be a lesson to others.

Joe's made a mistake by taking his studies lightly. Hope he rights the ship. If so, he'll be a better man for it.

5. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Bergeron is talented although he would be a better fit a fullback. He's not as quick or fast as Gray or Brown.

6. KevinC

KevinC 100+ Posts

Bergeron is my favorite player and Cody Johnson before him. I know he has trouble holding onto the ball at times but I love the way he can keep moving with defenders trying to push him back. I hope his issue is "only" grades because that seems fixable. Bleacher Report (I know you all hate BR) is reporting "personal issues." My hope for Joe is a UT diploma and one more fall of UT football in that order. [​IMG]