Recommend a Blu-Ray player

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by VacantlyOccupied, Mar 28, 2008.

1. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

I'm skeptical about the PS3 because the PS2 was a ****** DVD player. Is the PS3 quiet enough to be a good choice?

What's another good Blu-Ray player, and is there any compelling reason I should wait for new players that should be out pre-Christmas?

2. Agent007

Agent007 250+ Posts

PS3 will allow you to upgrade the software so that it takes advantage of new blu-ray features, etc. Most normal blu-ray players do not let you do this.

I like my PS3 tine. The only think worth waiting for is HDMI 1.3 players because it will be a better color palette, but only matters if you have an HDMI 1.3 tv or plan on upgrading to one...

3. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

4. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

The PS3 is ranked as one of the best, if not the best Blu-ray player. It's also a good upscaling DVD player and you can store video, pictures and stream music through the PS3.

5. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

PS3... hands down... I don't even play games... ever.

6. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

PS3. A very good player for much cheaper than others of similar quality.

7. voteforhank

voteforhank 100+ Posts

Google up Blu- Ray 2.0 and read up on the new format

8. rage-a-holic

rage-a-holic 250+ Posts

You can also use your PS3 to backup movies. You can't with a stand alone player.

9. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

again, ps3

10. bevo_daddy

bevo_daddy 500+ Posts

ps3, though mine does get kinda loud sometimes

is that normal

11. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Mine was a little loud at first but quieted down once I took it out of the entertainment cabinet. Once I took it out of the entertainment center and it was in a well ventilated area, it quieted down. This is true with most components, they need a well ventilated area.

12. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

It definitely needs room to breathe. You don't want to keep in in an enclosed space or block the fan vents on the right side of it.

13. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

another vote the PS3. I was able to get rid of my D-link wireless multimedia player with it too.
    The only downside is that i cannot use my harmony remote b/c the PS3 is blue tooth. But i can live with that

14. SBGLonghorn

SBGLonghorn 100+ Posts