Recommend a printer, please

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by VacantlyOccupied, Dec 19, 2007.

1. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

I want an all-in one inkjet printer, don't really care about photo printing, and I want to be able to print wirelessly.

I hit the local Office Depot/Max today and there's a Lexmark with wi-fi for under a hundred bucks, and an HP for $250. I guess one is too cheap for me to trust it, and the other is more than I want to spend.

Has anyone seen another option? If I can't find the one I want, if I get a network printer can I plug it into my wireless router and have it work reliably without too much hassle?

2. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

What does "all-in-one" mean to you? Usually that means that it needs to copy, scan, and fax in addition to print, but you didn't really mention those needs. I would get a network printer and plug it into the router. Also, at the upper end of your price range, you can get into a color laser printer, which may be something to consider.

3. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Print, scan, and copy for sure. Fax would be nice when I need it, which is maybe twice a year. I'm sure we'd print photos if we got a photo printer.

One of the benefits of wireless is that it can sit somewhere out of the way instead of near the router. The router and DSL modem are small enough to be pretty inconspicuous, but some of these printers are big and ugly. The HP's win on looks.

4. rhg84

rhg84 250+ Posts

Can't really help you with in all in one. But I got a wireless HP printer at costco a couple of weeks ago and it kicks ***. I havent had any issues and prints come out fast. I will never go back to a wired printer.