Red Sox vs Rangers Game 2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by sblazer, Aug 15, 2009.

1. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

welcome back Ian kinsler. homers with the first pitch he sees. hahahah 1-0 Rangers!!

this is a crucial crucial game moreso for the rangers. can they bounce back from that heartbreaking loss...

2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Derek Holland is not as dominating as he was against the Angels, but he is still getting the job done so far. Rangers up 4-1 in the fifth. I really like the speed factor with Andrus and Borbon on the basepaths. The Sox never had a chance to throw them out - Rangers with six stolen bases so far!

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HornHuskerDad

Through top of six, Rangers up 4-2. Derek is still working a solid game - but I'd feel a lot better if the offense would score a couple more runs this inning. Wonder if we'll see Neftali Feliz tonight?

4. HornHuskerDad

A very obvious balk - scores a run for the Good Guys. Going to top of eight, 5-2. Naftali Feliz was warming in the bullpen - guess he'll come on for the eighth.

5. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

The Red Sox and their fans are scummy pieces of ****.

I never EVER thought I would root for the Yankees, but this version of the Sox as well as their bandwagon fans who can't even find Boston on the map much less go there in person give Philly fans a run for their $$$ as being the lowest forms of life.

6. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

very solid effort from the young guys tonight. 7-2 rangers win. back to .5 game back. 1[​IMG]m game time tomorrow. trying to take over the WC lead!

7. HornHuskerDad

Scary moment when Kinsler was beaned, but he appeared to be OK. Feliz untouchable in the ninth for his first save. He needs to be groomed to be the closer - sure would like to see him come in every other day or so to close out a win.

A win tomorrow afternoon and the Rangers take over the Wild Card lead.

8. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

Glad the Rangers showed restraint after Kinsler nearly gets killed with a fastball to the head.

Needed to just get the win there.

Maybe tomorrow there will be a chance for Feliz to bury one in Pedroia's ***.

Hook 'em

9. ToxicShock

ToxicShock 100+ Posts

History, I'd love nothing more than pedroia to be the one to get the retaliation but I do NOT want Feliz to have to sit for 5 games. Maybe they can send grilli in for that.

BTW, with Salty out, it got me thinking- what ever happened to max ramirez? He seemed like a pretty solid prospect a couple of years ago (we got him from cleveland in the lofton trade). I thought he was in the mix for a catcher spot couple of years ago back when we had Laird and one other solid catcher (can't remember who it was).

10. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Barajas?

11. TxEx99

TxEx99 25+ Posts

Max has had wrist problems and then I think he broke a bone in his hand. Whatever the exact nature of his injury was he'd been on the disabled list for the last six weeks. He's been on rehab in AZ the last few days. He's been recalled from that assignment to return to OKC. With his wrist problems he's batted poorly this year when he's been in the lineup. Had he been healthy and playing well he would have been called up.

12. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

13. ToxicShock

ToxicShock 100+ Posts

Thanks 99- that clears up the mystery for me. Man you seem to know alot about the rangers farm system.

And yes, Texanne, it was rod.

14. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

Helluva way for Kinsler to respond today. Solo shot followed by an RBI base knock.

Gonna have to wait for revenge until next year, because we're gonna keep those ******** out of the playoffs this year.

Hook 'em & Go Rangers