Redskins fans shouldn't forget about Colt McCoy because the coaches haven't

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Jun 20, 2019.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Good read, Moondog, and a reminder that Colt has what it takes "between the ears" as those in the know like to say---this may be enough to have another shot in the fall...

3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Good point. I don't think the league has seen the last of Colt.

I have a strange view of the Redskins. I always couldn't stand their team, but I've admired the heck out of many of their individual players. Riggins, Hanburger, Manley, Butz, Talbert, Williams, the entire 'Hogs' offensive line, and of course now Colt.

I put them in the 'worthy opponent' category.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Colt may not be flashy, but he IS efficient and won't give the game away under most circumstances. Arguably one of the better game managers out there and will eventually be good coaching material when the playing days are done...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

Colt is very much like Case Keenum in that regard mb227.

6. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

And btw... I hang out in Vegas quite a bit. Do you enter the football handicapping contest at Westgate, Golden Nugget and now the new one at Circa?

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I am giving serious thought to the one at Circa. I expect there to be an overlay on that one since it is new. Am discussing a split with one of the other attorneys in the office and if he has no interest, then I will likely turn the paperwork in during an August trip.

Whichever direction I go, I still need to make an arrangement on proxy though...cannot afford to miss a week in those sorts of contests and picks have to be submitted in person.

Speaking of Circa...really liking some of the numbers they have posted in a lot of games since the beginning of the month. Not sure if it is just to get people IN the book or whether they are consistently going to be better than MGM, Caesars and WmHill...have not been in the location at The D since it opened but did place a lot of action at the desk in the Golden Gate before I left town on the 18th.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I've got good news (gets the start)
    And I've got bad news (the opponent is the Pats)
    Seems unfair but I doubt he cares

• Like Like x 2
  9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I trust him a lot more than the other two, but still not enough to be willing to take the 'skins and 15.5 points in the Circa contest.

I wish him well...and I wish he could get out of that hellhole of a team...it has to feel like his years in Cleveland. Can only think what he would do on a team with some modicum of talent. He would not WOW anyone, but he won't give a game away in normal circumstances.

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Colt is in his tenth year in NFL and has made over 14.8 Million in paid salary. Not too bad for a three star kid who everyone thought would be scout team qb most of his college career when he came out of HS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not bad at all

And I will always believe we beat Satan if only ....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Yeah if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....that ship has sailed...

Let's go with "Brady will retire soon and maybe Beilichick will sign Colt and turn him into a Pro Bowl QB"!

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

1.21 gigawatts!

15. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Joe, Are you suggesting Calvin Klein as our quarterback??

16. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Great Scott! No, and why don't you make like a tree...and get out of here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]