Referee!

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Rexy, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Did anyone notice that one of the refs tonight, Tina Napier (pony tail ref), was one of the refs from Monday's Tennessee/Rutgers 0.02 second finish fiasco! [​IMG]

I 'bout died when I saw her ponytail flopping up and down the court out on the court! [​IMG]

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I didn't realize that, but out of the three bad refs I did notice the entire night that she was the worst. I don't blame Morrow and Raven for getting techs at all, I probably would have gotten one too if I had to play a D1 college game with intramural refs.

3. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

Stat, that one was simply...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hornacopia

hornacopia < 25 Posts

I also noticed that she was one of the lame refs from the Tenn/Rutgers game...and she & her cohorts didn't do much to change my opinion of them. [​IMG]

5. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts

The officiating on the women's side of D1 college ball is horrible for several reasons....

6. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

and what, oh wise one, would those be??

And I thought "bald boy" ref was worse...

The most idiotic call those 3 stooges made was when E-Bay fell down, and then the Baylor player flopped down on her own "as if" E-Bay had tripped her....of course, the bozos called it on E-Bay.

I wanna know why Women's D1 refs suck so bad....pray, tell me!!

[​IMG]

7. Glad2BeBack

Glad2BeBack 100+ Posts

If you think Napier is a horrible ref at the D1 level she's worse in the WNBA. Bad refs really take away from the game and keep fans away.

8. #1UTFAN

#1UTFAN 25+ Posts

Glad2BeBack wrote, "Bad refs really take away from the game and keep fans away."
    I agree that poor officiating does take away from BB games, any games. But Come on Glad, have you EVER left a BB game just before tip-off when you saw the officials walk on to the court? Have you even heard of someone leaving because of the officials assigned to a BB game? I’ll bet not. With tickets costing what they do, if we’ve paid for them, we use them

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The two worst calls of the game IMO were:

-Baylor player steamrolls one of our defenders at the top of key and the refs calls it a block. There cannot possibly be a more obvious charge that that unless it involves a stiffarm.

-Raven catches the ball in the post with Wilson behind her, Wilson doesn't move, Raven turns and shoots the ball right into Wilson's hands and Wilson gets called for a hack.

Rachel Allison's constant flopping was also really annoying.