REFS WERE BIASED

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by earl77, Oct 16, 2010.

1. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

But what do you expect, they're Big XII refs.
    [​IMG]

2. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

3. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

expect a few Tom Osborne era Meth addicts to call b12 refs "garbage"

4. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

5. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

The TV Announcers sounded like they loved corn also.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The TV announcer was a doofus with an agenda from the start. [​IMG]

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I saw Peleni go ballistic on an interference call. Never mind that his cornerback had a handful of Goodwin's jersey for about 10 yards. Then a Texas player and a Nebraska receiver incidentally bump and the announcers act like it was practically the same thing.

Pellini's got a world class mad face, but I guess the refs still won't give him calls like they used to give Karl Malone when he'd assault Mavericks players with nary a whistle blow.

8. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

All the announcer needed was to paint a peehole on top of his head to look like the penis-with-ears he really is. Really bad homerism in this game, I thought.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

McDunnough was so bad, he was complaining about a spot when it turned out he didn't even know where they had spotted the ball. The replay confirmed the call, he cried about it, and then had to backtrack: "Uhhh... they appear to have spotted the ball closer to the 27 than they had it before..."

The pass interference call, they missed because they didn't see the defender grabbing Goodwin's arm as the ball was in the air. They were correct that the shirt grab wasn't what the official called.

The whole Dravanti Johnson-Malcom Williams fiasco was pretty funny, too.

10. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

A Texas player makes a tackle for a loss.
    It's a completely clean hit.
    He stands up.
    He doesn't say anything to any Nebraska player.
    He doesn't go near any Nebraska player.
    He doesn't even look in the direction of any Nebraska player.
    He bangs his hands together 4 or 5 times.

Unsportsmanlike. [​IMG]

Bo Pelini screams bloody murder directly in the face of the officials with the ugliest stink eye ever in the history of mankind after approximately 60% of the plays run in the game. It's so ridiculous that the announcers comment on it.

Perfectly sportsman like every time. [​IMG]

The officials shouldn't let the coaches scream at them like that. Coaches should have to control themselves just like the players do. There is no point to it. Coach screaming has currently changed zero calls all time.

11. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

12. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Pelini and staff 20 yards onto the field for approximately 1/4 of the game, zero calls, and zero warnings from what I could tell.

I am delighted that the horrible officiating didn't end up costing us the game.

Hook 'em for that, anyway.

Oh, and so long, Nebraska. f**k you.

13. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

saw lots of holding from NU that was never called

14. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

We handpick our refs, and fly 'em up on the team plane. Just ask Arkansas, they'll tell you. We decided to leave them in Lincoln so they can continue to do a thorough job on Nebraska the rest of the season. They deserve some special attention, and these guys will provide it the rest of the way. [​IMG]

15. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

How many illegal procedure calls did you see?

As for McDonough, I don't care for him but that is probably because he is a yankee from Massachussetts and I don't like their funny accents. And how could a guy from Boston be a Nebraska homer?

He was following the story line they had for the game---the Huskers are awesome on defense (true), have lots of good athletes (also true) and what appeared to be an all world running qb.

They were going to showcase this rolling ball of butcher knives for a major network audience for the first time this year. How were they to know Texas was going to kick their butts and that our passing qb was going to outrush their stud runner, who would be shut down?

They threw some nice stuff our way as well: nice things about Coach Boom and the reference to our defense being like the '85 Bears is about the highest compliment you can pay a defense---as Craig James and the other unfortunate members of that year's Patriots could readily attest.

Just because some announcers don't make our guys seem like Achilles every game does not mean they don't like us or are not going to make our team the main story line.

We stunk up the joint for two weeks and nobody was expecting what happened today.

16. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

He wasn't comparing us to the 85 Bears. It was a slam on neb first 5 opponents. Saying they are 5-0 but haven't played anyone with a defense.

17. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

what accuratehorn said

dirty damned longhorns.

yep, the grapes are especially sour in nebraska tonite.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The late hit oob penalty on us was bollocks as well. Guy was tiptoing the sideline and when he finally set a foot down out of bounds our guy had already committed to try and push him out.

19. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

21. CaptainBevo

CaptainBevo 25+ Posts

22. sandypoley

sandypoley 100+ Posts

From listening to McDonough, I wondered if he was wearing a ref's jersey in the booth.
    Two calls that appeared to go our way however were a catch ruled out of bounds that showed the husker player got one foot in. The play was never reviewed by the refs. Also the punt that was stopped short of the goalline by D'ravanti appeared that his foot was on the goalline.
    On the other hand the penalty for celebration on #4 was BS.
    Overall though, McDonough's comments were aggravating.

23. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I do not know the rule but, a bit after the play, the announcers explained that the rule is where the ball is when it is stopped. Johnsons foot in the end zone did not matter as the ball did not cross the plain.

24. sandypoley

sandypoley 100+ Posts

Thanks Ole-fan, I did not hear the explanation during the telecast.

25. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

26. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

The bitching about the refs didn't bother me, it was Matt Millen assuring the audience that a couple players would be playing on Sundays. Talk about the ultimate kiss of death.

27. topwater

topwater 100+ Posts

how about burkhead's knee down short of marker on their 4th down play? point is, there are always a couple close calls that can go either way. personally, i'm glad we're done with these people. well, except for the guaranteed win each time [​IMG]

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Listening to the announcers once we went up 10-0 it was like they had no script to read from. I could picture them looking around and saying "This ain't in the script? What the hell do we do? Ad-lib!?"

They kept pointing out that NU dropped 4 TD passes. A couple were on the same drive. Well our guys dropped 2 on different drives so big damn deal.

29. where_are_my_8s

where_are_my_8s 250+ Posts

My wife and I both thought the guy caught the ball on the replay. However, I explained to her that the coach can ask for a replay. And it wasn't like Texas had the ball and hurried up to run a play.

30. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

I saw 2 blocks in the back by NU on the pooch punt return for a TD. Funny how the announcers or the crybaby NU fans didn't notice them.

Pelini proved he can't coach and chew gum at the same time.