Refugee Caravan Heading For U.S.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Apr 3, 2018.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

There are more CAs than that coming across every day and we catch about a tenth of them. Go to a federal courthouse on the Rio or a little inland and count the first timers pleading out to time served

Better yet, I have an 8 am hearing on a smuggler in CC tomorrow and will take a count and report back to you

2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

slow day for 1325s----only about 30 first entries but about 70 smugglers, so if you figure each one has at least a couple of material witnesses (guys the feds detain to testify against the smugglers) you are looking at well over 150 of the exchange students/illegal aliens

Like I said, the caravan is impressive but a mere drip in the sieve.

Want it to stop? Call your congressman/senators and tell them to get the ICE to start busting employers. If you don't put out the food the stray cats will stop coming.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

it is a sea of military age men.
    We are screwed if let these invaders in.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's the blue wave arriving just in time to vote

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And they will need the help

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Just as NBC dismisses as a myth that there could be terrorists in the hordes, because DHS uses biometrics on the invaders are they swim across the rivers:whiteflag:
    a reporter embedded with the horde reports he found people from Bangladesh. Who knows who else is there? Guatemala reported they had arrested people from ISIS the same week the horde started north.

Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports

8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Precisely what Trump earlier today told one of the WH reporters he would find. He said he would find MS-13, people from the ME, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I heard that legally these people shouldn't even be able to apply as refugees in the US because they have refused to apply in Guatemala and now Mexico. I don't think that will stop them from trying in the US. That is the point with law breakers. They don't abide by laws. They do what they want.

10. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I say stop them at the border and, if they try to crash the gates, or whatever, shoot em.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I like the idea of Trump getting all the top leaders of both parties in a room with cameras rolling and get Schumer Pelosi etc on record on what they think should be done to stop the horde
    Or even a joint session .
    Trump should not have to do this alone.

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There is no reason to speculate about terrorists or not. What do our laws say? Just go with that.

13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If, as we are told, they are attempting to flee the violence in Honduras, then why do they not simply apply for asylum in Mexico?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I had to research why Honduras has so many murders since they do not grow drug crops. It is because of their geography as a gateway to get drugs out.
    I would like to see stats on who is murdered. Likely it is cartel and gang members.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It turns out Mexico did offer legal status to all "members of the caravan." Los Federales made the offer at the border. In addition, Mexican customs officers approached the caravan along the road with the same offer.

A handful actually accepted and were taken to a shelter. However the majority refused and kept marching a el norte.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

For the sake of comparison, the Appalachian Trail is 2,181 miles long (Maine to Georgia). It generally takes 5-7 months to complete with an average hiker’s pace at ~3 mph. Conclusion -- impossible to make this all on foot in this time.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  19. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dude.... Google/Spellcheck is your friend.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There was video during the weekend of the caravan. A mother was fanning her daughter in a rickshaw like thing who kept passing out because of heat exhaustion. They mother wouldn't stop though. Just kept on rolling. Why? Why, just about kill your daughter for this? It made me wonder A) is this woman really the mother or B) is there money promised if they complete the journey?

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

when there is video showing men handing out money why does the media keep insisting that isn't happening?

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Where is that video? Haven't heard that yet.

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The story is that the money came from good hearted people/merchants in Chiquimula, Guatemala.
    and for sure those men handing it out look like local merchants :rolleyes1:
    one even has a gun.

24. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Can't we just load them all into buses and send em up to Canada?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How do they explain the pre-printed t-shirts?

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What would happen if several thousand human beings showed up at Fenway Park tonight, without tickets, and stormed the fences? What would happen to them? Would they be allowed to stay and watch the World Series?

Or a Bette Mildler concert?
    Or one of those Clinton $375 per person events?

27. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Your question assumes any MSM would ask.

28. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have no issue with the idea that many if not most of these people simply jumped into the caravan because it was an opportunity to travel safely to the U.S. border without spending the money on a coyote. Was reading an article in the SA Express that interviewed a number of people in and associated with the caravan, talking about how they decided to join, what motivated them, etc...

But it would be great if we read one article where these people were asked one simple question:

"What do you expect to happen when you arrive at the border? Is your plan to apply for asylum? What if you are denied? Will you wait at the border or will you simply stay in a huge group ignore directions, as you did at the Mexican border?"

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why not?

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'll give Mr. O'Rourke credit for living on the border but how many Liberals who are laughing about the caravan (my cousin lives in Carmel, California and is mocking Trump's concerns about the caravan on his Facebook page) actually will come down and live with them? They won't. They don't care. They are just sick enough though in their hatred of Trump to allow them cross. Every prudent law or regulation is to be ignored if it sticks it to Trump.