Reggie responds...Its cowardice

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ut1978, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Having been to Vegas...I know what kind of movies cost $11.

I don't think someone would want to forge documents used in a court case seeing how the Venetian could corroborate the claims. Financial records will be subpoenaed.

2. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

I thought that it was rather hilarious that the guys on the best damn 50 TDs of all time show last night mentioned that Reggie was "just like O.J." they must have said it five times.

just like O.J.

3. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

4. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

5. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

There's no paper trail to USC. It's quite obvious that they weren't directly involved and kept an official distance.

But it's equally obvious they knew about it. Only a staff completely populated by idiots wouldn't have noticed or known about things like Bush's car, Bush's parents at games they couldn't afford to be at, etc. And when they approved of his employment at an agency, which is legal by NCAA rule, they should have known to raise their awareness regarding his activities. Well, should have if they weren't already aware.

6. Mooky

Mooky 25+ Posts

7. Texan

Texan 25+ Posts

Huckleberry, I'm as big as a Bush hater as anyone but I'm not sure USC should get burned based on what you're suggesting. Did they know or should have known? Of course. But how do you set standards to investigate that sort of stuff that isn't biased. You can't just put "common sense" in a compliance program.

There are plenty of D1 Athletes whose parents can afford to buy their son a nice ride, live in nice houses, go to away games, etc. How do you supervise that? Make parents show you pay stubbs?

It will be very interesting to see how things unfold.

8. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

I don't think USC should get the hammer either. I think they should get something, though. Only a fool would think they didn't know Bush was dirty.

9. BigOHorn

BigOHorn 100+ Posts

So, let me make sure i understand becuase this is all complete BS to me

1. Bush was paid to play by an agent either directly or indirectly...fairly certain whether you want to believe it or not.
    2. That's against the NCAA rules.
    3. USC knew, or at least SOMEONE at USC knew, but plausible deniability protects them.
    4. USC shouldnt' be in trouble becuase they do the best they can at education and oversight controlling just what they can control?

So, if this is all true, which we all suspect somethign is fishy ,what the NCAA is saying is that it's okay to pay players just so long as the Universities have some "paper policy" in place to prevent it and as long as the University can hide behind the defense of "we couldn't have possibly known and no coaches knew" then all is forgiven??

Sounds like a huge bowl of useless to me. The NCAA = The Sarbanes Oxley Act and if that is the case and the lack of power/will of the NCAA to regulate then colegiate athletics is what it is....a semi professional farm league....and we should just instill a salary cap and start paying them all directly...I mean aren't we already?

10. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

11. Superfan

Superfan 250+ Posts

Everyone can afford 2 carat diamond earrings for each ear... HELLO

12. Fatcat Alum

Fatcat Alum 100+ Posts

Did anyone see the Real Sports on HBO last night where they played some of the tapes of that thug talking with Bush's father? Pretty damning.

Reggie's on-camera denials are just as convincing as Barry Bonds', OJ's, Marion Joyner's etc. What a lowlife.

13. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Serious question, do you think OU will sue the NCAA if nothing comes of all of this against USC?

They seem like the type to do it. I may actually agree with them. [​IMG]

14. BigOHorn

BigOHorn 100+ Posts

Eflow you know i do too...I mean i want nothing but pain and agony on OU but if USC comes outta this scott free then I think I'd actually root for OU against the NCAA to, hell I don’t know, get a gold star or something…..

15. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

If nothing comes of this I do expect OU to sue the NCAA and I support them 100% in doing so. They, along with Alabama (I think), sued the NCAA for schools to obtain their own TV rights. I've also thought that maybe Congress would subpoena NCAA board members along with USC faculty and everyone involved with the Reggie Bush scandal as well, headed by Oklahoma and Alabama Congressmen, of course.

*Not saying this is what our congress should do but I would expect it. Good face time for them.