Reggie Smith Declares as well..

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BunnyWabbit, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit < 25 Posts

Reggie Smith, Malcolm Kelly, and Curtis Lofton are all going Pro. This will really hurt us going into next year...

Next year should be a battle... Good luck until then guys. No word on Loadholt or Robinson yet.

Forgot to provide source...

Smith Going to NFL Draft

Sooner cornerback declaring early
    Jan. 15, 2008

NORMAN, Okla. - Oklahoma junior cornerback Reggie Smith has joined teammates Malcolm Kelly and Curtis Lofton in deciding to enter his name in the NFL Draft. OU head coach Bob Stoops confirmed that decision today.

"Reggie was a good player for us and we wish him the best," Stoops said.
    Smith, who missed the Fiesta Bowl with a toe injury, started 13 games in 2007. He ranked No. 4 on the team with 78 tackles. He logged three interceptions and one fumble recovery, which he returned 61 yards for a touchdown against Miami.
    He was a first team All-Big 12 selection by the league coaches and the Associated Press.

The Edmond, Okla., native played in 39 games at OU with 36 starts. He finished with 165 career tackles and eight interceptions.

Kelly and Lofton, also both juniors, declared earlier. Kelly, a receiver, made his announcement last Thursday, while Lofton, a linebacker, announced his intentions Monday.

2. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

Any word on Loadholt or Robinson? Those are the guys I really want to turn pro.

3. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

Yeah seriously all I care about are the big guys. So what's up???

4. Scalia

Scalia < 25 Posts

They're probably getting out before the death penalty comes down on that program.

5. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

those 3 are the only ones.
    MK was the only guy who had the business of turning pro, IMO.

6. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

True enough about Kelly, I will say this though.......Loadholt and Robinson are making the MISTAKE OFTHEIR LIVES. Why turn down guaranteed money to go back to school...BAD DECISION man....bad decision. [​IMG]

7. dgnr8

dgnr8 100+ Posts

Wow. Color me surprised. Reggie Smith is that last guy I would think should go pro. (what has he done?)

8. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

zero U just went from the penthouse to the outhouse for predictions for next year in the Big12. If the 2 big lineman go, they will have 5 starters back on both sides of the ball. Think MU, TT, KU, UT, and OSU just got new enthusiasm for next year?

9. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

Loadholt and Robinson are staying.

10. JOSEYWALES66

JOSEYWALES66 100+ Posts

I seem to be in the minority on this board but I think Reggie will make a good pro.

If he is available late in the 2nd or early 3rd, I hope the Cowboys take him.

11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Why would OU players want to go to the NFL and take a pay cut? [​IMG]

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang 25+ Posts

I wanted Duke Robinson to go pro because he is really good, but Loadholt is just a guy in my opinion. I know he made 2nd team All-Big 12, but I think people overrate him because of his size.